Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Giving Up with OVI !!!

Contributor

Giving Up with OVI !!!

Have been using PC Suite for many months now, and OVI for one or two (with my N82). Verdict - PC Suite pretty good, OVI very poor indeed. OVI has no multi-media messaging, no calendar, and is slow. Messaging interface is confusing with conflicts between All and N82 Inboxes, even after synchronisation. Think I'll stick to PC Suite until there is a MAJOR update of OVI, not just the current tweaking and bug fixing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skywalk27

Count yourself lucky.... newer handsets CAN'T get into PC suite... I have an E7 which is brilliant (apart from the rubbish battery life!!!), and not only is MMS not there, as well as calendars, but also folders... and you are correct, the GUI IS confusing, but at least I figured out what the programmer was trying to acheive!!!... But what a mess... as it relies on time stamp info...

As in, you "import" all your messages into Ovi.  Delete them all from Ovi.... Try re-importing.... Na-ah... aint happening....

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sillybugs

Couldn't agree with you more, I've only recently started using a nokia & with this rubbish software I would thought twice had I known.. and nokia wonder why their phones aren't popular.  They may have lost me in the space of a couple of months.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well, guys, I eventually gave up with Nokia and now have an iPhone4. Software for the iPhone is absolutely fantastic, and theres no way I'll be going back to Nokia. Sorry to tell you this, as you have Nokia phones, but there it is. PC Suite was so good when it first came out, several years ago, but the OVI developers must live on a different planet - their stuff is absolute rubbish.
Please use plain text.