Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Help Help my phone nokia 701 cant connect usb ovi ...

Advisor
ant2010
Accepted Solution

Help Help my phone nokia 701 cant connect usb ovi suit

Hi all .

My phone nokia 701 can not connected Usb to ovi suite , the first  I plugged usb from my phone to pc . View messenge " the USB Cable probably has not installed properly " and " error NOKIA USB Phone Parent" and then disconnect usb . i tried plugged in many time Ovi suite not identify my phone . but my phone usb active ovi suite  i tried  choose other option  Mass store usb and media transfer Usb is good but ovi suite in PC not connect phone and identify my phone

my OVi suite 3.3.89

i tried uninstall and reinstall again not working again .

Someone can help me how to fix it ??

thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Re: Help Help my phone nokia 701 cant connect usb ovi suit

Hello @ant2010,

Have you seen this post by @Iris9290?

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/N8-USB-connection-problem/m-p/1383217#M291910

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

To fix the problem, try the following solutions:

• disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
  • If you use a USB hub, try connecting the phone directly to the computer. 
  • If you use a USB hub with an external power source, make sure that it has been switched on.
  • Check the USB cable for problems and replace if necessary.
  • If your phone asks you for the connection mode that you want to use, make sure that you select Nokia Suite on your phone.
  • Disconnect the cable, restart the computer, and try again. 
  • Keep in mind that if you remove USB devices without using the Safely Remove Hardware tool in the Windows taskbar, connection problems may appear.
  • Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel (called Programs and Features in Microsoft Windows 7).
  • Select Nokia Suite in the list of applications and click Change/Remove.
  • In the dialog that appears, choose Repair Nokia Suite then check that all the needed files are intact and repair any errors that were found. 
  • Control Panel > Programs > Programs & features > Nokia Connectivity cable driver, right click and Change/Repair
  • Try go Control Panel > View Devices > Remove your device profiles and reinstall them.

I hope this helps and you manage to resolve your issue. Please get back to me if your problem persists. 

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ant2010

Thanks Magovoru

i Follow u now  I fixed it and connect anytime

thanks you very much

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Nice to hear it is working!

Thank you ant2010 for informing!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.