Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Help to sync E7 Nokia suite data with descktop...

Counsellor
gdavidf
Accepted Solution

Help to sync E7 Nokia suite data with descktop AND notebook (E7 sync with 2 PCs)

I am wondering how to go about having my backups on my desktop PC at home but maintaning a current sync on my notebook (which travels daily).

Should I;

1.  Backup on the desktop THEN synch on the notebook in knowledge that I have a decent backup at home and forget having what I really want?
  2.  Sync and backup on the desktop THEN synch on the notebook?
  3.   Sync and backup on the desktop THEN do a PC sync of (which specific) files and folders between desktop and notebook?

This is obviously a reasonably complex issue given that Nokia suite cannot even maintain 2 handsets (ie a his and hers), so no doubt an large amount of compromise and work around will be required. Or maybe not?

With regards,

Dave

Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Re: Help to sync E7 Nokia suite data with descktop AND notebook (E7 sync with 2 PCs)

Is there anyone out there with similar requirements?

Dave

Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Re: Help to sync E7 Nokia suite data with descktop AND notebook (E7 sync with 2 PCs)

Anyone from Nokia or is that the support for the E7?

Have been trying to work this out for a while now, should I ask Nokia care?

Regards,
Dave
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Bumping this again as no ideas have been put...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Still searching for resolution....?

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi gdavidf,

You would have installed Nokia Suite on Desktop and notebook. Also you would have separate profiles(user accounts) on Desktop and on notebook. Nokia Suite keeps tracks of windows profiles separately on these two machines.

Now it does not matter with which machine and in what order you do your Sync and backup. You can backup all your data first and then do Sync(to be on safe side). It should not be a problem. On the other hand it is true that if you connect another phone(your wife or any other family member) and then you Sync using your own windows profile, it will mess up all the data with your own original phone.

I hope you understood my explanation.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

thanks taza99,
I got given this reply from my local Nokia care centre (exactly as posted by you).
I can confirm that this has worked for my machines.
With thanks and regards,
Dave
Please use plain text.