Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to MOVE text messages from my Nokia E7?

Contributor
Keilen

How to MOVE text messages from my Nokia E7?

Hello! I have tried searching the discussion board, without really finding the solution to my problem -

I have a Nokia E7, and i want to transfer all my 5 000 text messages from my phone to my computer. I have found some menu in the software called "capacity", where it says that it sould be able to "free space".

But after several tries to "move all text messages older than 3 months", they still remain on my device. Nokia Suite has only been able to COPY and sync the text messages to my computer. Not delete them from my phone...

Does anybody know if there is even possible to remove messages from my device, using Nokia Suite, or are they only removeable through manually deleting them on my E7?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When the phone is connected to the PC..Open Nokia Suite-->Messaging .. select 'Inbox' next to the phone Icon at the bottom ..All the received messages in the phone should now be visible... Select all and click 'Delete' key on the PC keyboard .. All these messages from the phone should get deleted .. Similarly do for 'Sent' messages ...

On the phone also.. in the Inbox-->Options ..you should get 'Mark All' .. and then Delete (all marked) option ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Keilen

Thanks farby... Its still a little frustrating to have to delete all the text messages. Its strange that the option is actually in Nokia Suite to "move all messages older than 3 months", when the action does not work.

Now its either to keep all the text messages, or delete all the text messages. Nothing in between...

I would have liked to delete all the messages older than 3 months - just like the software actually is intended to do :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not sure why you can only select between 'KEEP' all & 'DELETE' all !!! Can't you select what to delete ? Keep the 'Ctrl' tab pressed and select down starting 3 months back ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Keilen

Well... Thanks for the solution, farby :smileyhappy: I dont know why, but when i tried it, it gives me some error, saying it wasnt able to delete the text messages. Maybe 4k texts are just too many for the phone to delete at once...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Good to know that its resolved finally ...

Please use plain text.