Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to avoid download of unwanted nokia ovi store ...

Registered Member
Wallenstein

How to avoid download of unwanted nokia ovi store recommendations?

Hello,

I'm using Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 to synchronize my contacts and calendar with outlook. Also I use it to connect to the internet during traveling.

However, if I connect to the internet through my phone, OVI suite also downloads some scrap information/images/... to tell me about news in the store.

I don't want this information. It uses my costly internet bandwidth. Mobile Internet providers take rip-off fees for  internet roaming. I do not want to pay internet connection bandwidth for this crab.

Is there an option to switch it off?

Wallenstein

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to avoid download of unwanted nokia ovi store recommendations?

Logon to OVI Store and click on 'Account' just below your name..(Top - Right corner..).. Uncheck all the 3 boxes below the E-mail address field..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
thanlanxam

Re: How to avoid download of unwanted nokia ovi store recommendations?

I can't find 3 boxes act like you said. Nothing. Can you give me other hint? Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.