Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to stop Nokia Suite from starting at computer ...

Advisor
lipsu_usqil

How to stop Nokia Suite from starting at computer startup?

It is very annoying when the program starts up on top of my other applications, and it slows startup down as well.

I've checked the startup folder (in a few different places actually) and msconfig, but there is no entry for nokia suite.  I've also unchecked the box from nokia suite.

I'm using Nokia Suite 3.2.100 on Windows 7.

Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to stop Nokia Suite from starting at computer startup?

You may try thru' Ccleaner to remove the entry..(Install-->Open-->Tools-->Startup...)

Advisor
lipsu_usqil

Thanks for the suggestion, but CCleaner doesn't have an entry for nokia suite either :smileysad:

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Mobile Overlord
farby

Something Odd...I do not get the entry under msconfig but surely it is in Ccleaner (Refer attachment)

Try this... First enable START thru' Nokia Suite -->Tools-->Options...and reboot the PC.. Then check if its there in Ccleaner...If you get it.. Disable from there.

Advisor
lipsu_usqil

Thanks. That almost worked: I got the entry into both ccleaner and msconfig by enabling startup from Nokia Suite. I disabled the startup from both, and noticed that it automatically got disabled from within Nokia Suite as well. However, the thing still opened after two restarts after this operation.

That was a great idea, but I still have the same problem. Have any more of these gems?

Mobile Overlord
farby

Good and Bad..

Is it showing ENABLED under msconfig and Ccleaner now that the problem re-appeared ?

Advisor
lipsu_usqil

It's disabled in msconfig, CCleaner and Nokia Suite (check attachment). I just successfully disabled skype startup launch, so I'm sure it's not a problem with my computer.

Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry..but running out of ideas.. Only thing that I may suggest is try the latest Beta version (3.3.49) from here ... It has atleast one good feature added as mentioned in this thread... and who knows your problem MAY get solved too....

If you decide to download..you need to login at the Beta Labs site with the same credentials that you use on this Forum.

Advisor
lipsu_usqil

Thanks for all the advice, but even installing the beta couldn't repair the problem. I guess I'm stuck with re-installing Nokia Suite whenever I need it.

Any advice from others would be appreciated as well.

Counsellor
sygo

try open nokia suite,
go to tools>options>general,
uncheck start automatically at start-up.
Advisor
lipsu_usqil

Thanks for the answer, but I've tried that quite a few times and even have a picture of it in this thread.

Mobile Overlord
farby

By the time you get more Suggestions / Solution..I suggest, you report the issue at the Beta Labs site..

Professor
cataholic

Have you tried uninstalling Nokia Suite using Revo Uninstaller (Google it if you need to and the free verson will do the job) then reinstall  it - do an advanced uninstall with Revo when it asks the type of uninstall and then during the uninstall select the remove leftovers option.

This will do a deep uninstall getting most everything of Nokia Suite off the PC and remove all relevant registry entries.

Counsellor
sygo

have you tried RUN\REGEDIT and delete all NOKIA SUITE as matching the whole string? just be very careful. deleting other items through regedit can make your OS unstable.
then reinstall fresh Nokia Suite.
kuzi81

Hi,

Same Problem,

Hate it!

kuzi81

Mobile Overlord
farby

kuzi81 wrote:

Thanks, it's work

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/19364-nokia-pc-suite-remove-from-windows-startup

Solution is for Nokia PC Suite which is quite different from the OP which refers to the Nokia Suite ..