Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: I have done a backup of all the SMS and now th...

Advisor
Diablo89

I have done a backup of all the sms and now they can't be restored!!!!

I have done a backup of all data of my cell and than i have done an hard reset.Than with ovi suite 3.2 i was trying to restore the sms but give and error and say that all the text messages can't be restored.Why this???I have done this with success a bit time ago and worked but now not!Someone can help me???I have lost all the 3 thousand of sms that were on my cell :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Re: I have done a backup of all the sms and now they can't be restored!!!!

Hi Diablo89,

Please follow this thread:

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/Nokia-Suite-3-2-100-installed-SMS-are-gone/m-p/1202795#M13837

Best regards,

Marina

Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
mayouymoussa

i am having exactly the same problem, all my contacts and text msgs are not restored on my cell though i see them on my computer (nokia suite 3.2.100)

i followed the link but did not understand anything...........

pls help it makes me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi mayouymoussa,

The application name has been changed from Ovi Suite to Nokia Suite. When we changed the application name we also changed the name of the folders that the application uses.

The new Nokia Suite does just the same.But the upgrade just ignores the existing database

and creates a new one in a new directory.

Old path for Nokia Ovi Suite:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Ovi Suite\Messages\Database

New Path for Nokia Suite:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Suite\Messages\Database

Solution: Replace the new empty msg_db.sqlite in the new directory with the old msg_db.sqlite. As a result Nokia Suite displayes all the old messages. Before doing this shut down Nokia Suite (completely) and create backups.

Sorry for this inconvinience, this problem is currently under investigation.
Best regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team
Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshiyer

Thanks Marina, but the old folder is Nokia Data Store in my Windows 7 PC not Nokia Ovi Suite. Also, it doesn't have the msg_db.sqlite file but MDataStore.db3 which seems a totally different filetype. The Nokia Suite folder has the msg_db.sqlite file though.

Guess Nokia Suite team will have to find a fix for this as it seems an issue with the new Nokia Suite's new way of handling data.

Regards,

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi rameshiyer,

Could you send us feedback including log files, using "Help -> Send feedback"?

Could you describe properly what was done before you have got this kind of error?

Regards,

Marina

Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshiyer

Hi Marina,

I have sent the feedback to Nokia using the option mentioned by you (through the Nokia Suite). Hope the Nokia Suite team can fix this issue asap.

Regards,

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshiyer

Hi Marina,

Have sent the feedback to Nokia through the Nokia Suite. Have attached the screen-shot for your reference as well. Await the fix from Nokia Suite asap, as each Restore action wipes out even new messages from my phone. Hope Nokia Suite team takes this up on priority.

Regards,

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
avtarss

Re: I have done a backup of all the SMS and now they can't be restored!!!!

I think he is restoring backup from .NBU file in that case there is no other file or database is created in PC he is only having .NBU file.....

I am facing the same problem n mine is like I m having .NBU file nokia suite has done with all other data while restoring.... Only Text MSG are not restored I have tried this many time ... I have taken Backup from my old C6-00 n restoring it into New C6-00 and I think I have updated my software also from OVI to Nokia Suite

I think this is a problem of old software to new software migration may be of the phone or may be of the PC

Please use plain text.
shoaibahmed

I am facing the same problem. I updated my phone's software via nokia suite and now all of my messages are gone. When I try to restore messages it says unable to restore text messages. I have a nokia E5-00.

Regards,
Shoaib
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshiyer

Despite plenty ot users having reported this issue since the new Nokia Suite 3.2.100 was released around 8th Nov'11, Nokia has so far not bothered to give a patch to correct this issue. I have reported this problem in earlier posts and some people have given some solution which hasn't worked for me. The best option now is to uninstall Nokia Suite 3.2.100 and reinstall Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1.90 (the last Nokia Ovi Suite before it has been replaced with Nokia Suite). Just remember to disconnect from internet when you install Nokia Ovi Suite, else it will automatically connect to Nokia Servers and update itself to the new Nokia Suite once again.

After you install Nokia Ovi Suite and restore your text messages, you can update to new Nokia Suite and backup data so that hereafter you won't have problems restoring text messages. Restoring messages from backups taken with Nokia Ovi Suite will remain a problem though, until Nokia provides a fix for this vexed issue.

Pity Nokia Suite team hasn't bothered to address or resolve this critical issue for a week. Seems they are all recruited from Microsoft ;-)

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

@rameshiyer

This problem is under work currently.

Could you please provide us the system properties and log files?

Please follow the instructions to collect and submit the log files via this link http://tiny.cc/ja40z

Thank you!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
shoaibahmed

But i never installed ovi suite. I yesterday downloaded the new nokia suite from its website and done a fresh installation in order to update my phone's software. After update was done it gave an error that restoration of data wasn't done successfully and you should restore data manually by choosing restore from tools. But even after number of attempts of restoring data manually it always give an error that unable to restore text messages and contacts though my contacts are properly restored and only my messages folder is empty.

Regards,
Shoaib
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshiyer

Hi Marina,

I had already filled the online form and provided necessary log files (generated using procedure in earlier posts) on 10-Nov-2011. However, I have not heard of any update from Nokia, besides an email mentioning the submission of the details. Hope Nokia Suite team is working on this critical issue and resolves it asap.

Regards,

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

@rameshiyer

Yes, your problem is under work and we have got your error report.

Thank you!

I will let you know about any updates of this problem.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshiyer

@magovoru, thank you for acknowledging the same. Shall await an update from you (Nokia) in this matter.

Regards,

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
mauromol

I'm also having problem restoring text messages from a full backup.

I did a full backup because I had to send the phone to Nokia support for repairing. Now I have the repaired phone, I restored all the data except for text messages, which I can't....

Please give us some feedback on this problem. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

This problem is under work and fix will be delivered soon.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am also having trouble in restoring messages to my E72-1 after backup with Nokia Suite  3.2.100. This follows firmware upgrade to latest 081.003. Several years of messages at risk - hurry up! It is a positive surprise that also Nokia employees are participating in this forum. About time...

Please use plain text.
lordspark80

Same problem here on a E71, after backup and firmware update i can't restore sms from .nbu
Please use plain text.