Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is pc suite regularly updated by nokia

Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Is pc suite regularly updated by nokia

Hi,

Nokia Pc suite is best compared to nokia suite even in copying contacts, so that a printout could be taken.But I want to know, whether this is updated regularly for all the phones, including java supported phones like mine. I ask this question, because i find no updates for my phone in recent times either in firmware or software updates.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Nokia PC Suite is very old and is no longer being updated. Its now the Nokia Suite which gets the updates. Believe me, its not bad. Maybe you just didn't learnt how to use it :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

The last 5 PC Suite updates were sometimes during..02/2011, 08/2011, 12/2011, 04/2012 and 08/2012 ..if you want to know the frequency ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The most recent version of Nokia PC Suite is here.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Let me know, when that was updated. Where i can see the release updates of pc suite, so that i could understand the updates available for my phone .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

updated version of Nokia Suite or Nokia PC Suite has nothing to do with the updates provided for your phone, they are two completely different things.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, no further updates are planned from Nokia PC Suite. Nokia Suite is still being updated. Latest Nokia Suite 3.7 is now out and available for update, it is supporting Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013.
Note, that Nokia Suite doesn't support Windows 8 RT based tablets.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Hey sayllinen,

When try to update my nokia suite, geninity of ms op system popped up. I discontinued it because, the os was installed thro. friends. Secondly, when i try to export contacts, the contacts have been exported but shown in a folder as separate contacts. What support, nokia plans for these issues

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

HiRe: Is pc suite regularly updated by nokia

Hi, saylinen,

May i expect a quick reply for the questions i posed. Why genuinity of windows os popped up?. Nokia suite, is not friendly with the users . You cannot download nfl file even then it is shown as compatible for the nokia music phones. These issues were not in r pc suite.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: HiRe: Is pc suite regularly updated by nokia

Windows Genuine Activation because it may be a possibility that your friends didn't install the OS properly or that it is an illegal copy. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the operation of Nokia Suite.

Someone else here may be able to advise you on the issues you are facing with the other files.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Hi, Then why this pop up when i try to update nokia suite. Please check this again and give your considered views.Pl also let me know the improvements in the suite. Could you save contacts in scv format.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i have seen plenty of Windows Genuine Activation errors and pop-ups before, and trust me, it has nothing to do with Nokia Suite, its about as far away as anything could get with it. The latest version of the suite has support for Windows 8 and integration with Microsoft Office 2013 and a few bug fixes and optimisations.

I would honestly try to determine the source of the WGA popups appearing first before attempting installation of Nokia Suite.

Not sure if it saves contacts in that format mate. I suppose the older Nokia PC Suite was able to, so you could always revert to that.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Contacts are saved in .vcf format. No other option ..

Please use plain text.