Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Issue with synchronizing E7 with Skydrive/Hotm...

Counsellor

Issue with synchronizing E7 with Skydrive/Hotmail for upgrading to Lumia

I got my Lumia 920 and used the Nokia Suite's move data to Lumia feature. As the feature moves the data to Hotmail/Skydrive, I am dependent on a) to get all the data to Hotmail/Skydrive and b) getting the data back to Lumia 920.

a)  Issues in transferring data from Nokia E7 to Hotmail/Skydrive

1. Photos have a timestamp "Modified" for the time of transferring them to Skydrive.
  2. Calendar entries older than the E7 phone (March 2011) are not copied to Hotmail, even though they exist on the E7 (up to September 2008).
  3. It seems that all the entries for PM in the calendar of E7 have become AM in Hotmail. For example I had an appointment on 17.12.2012 on 10:30 (AM) to 13:00 (PM) which has become 16.12.2012 22:30 (PM) to 17.12.2012 01:00 (AM). How to correct this? This problem seems not to happen with entries entirely on AM.
  4. Nokia Maps favourite destinations are not transferred.

b) Issues in synchronizing data from Hotmail/Skydrive to Lumia 920

1. Even though the photos are in chronological order on Skydrive, they are pretty much in random order in the Photo Gallery of the Windows Phone 8, also not all the photos are available on the phone.
  2. Past calendar entries synchronized to the phone only for the last two weeks! It seems to be WP8 Calendar issue, I can bypass this by installing the app Chronos Calendar.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Issue with synchronizing E7 with Skydrive/Hotmail for upgrading to Lumia

I am still waiting for a solution.

I have now selected Helsinki, Finland (EET) as my time zone in the Hotmail Calendar. I think we are nearing the source of error. The time zone of entries written with my current (Lumia 920 WP8) phone is "GMT -08:00 Pacific time (US & Canada), very funny indeed. The meetings moved from my previous phone (Nokia E7 Symbian) are with "No time zone". The Time zone of my previous phone (E7) was GMT +02:00 Finland, so I would think that should be inherited to the entries moved to Hotmail Calendar.

The time zone of my Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8) is "automatically selected" and is UTC +02:00 Helsinki. So where in Earth has the Hotmail Calendar got the idea to use GMT -08:00 for me?

I now checked the exact difference of the time of calendar entries in the old phone and Hotmail calendar and it is actually 10 hours, not the 12 hours I formerly thought (an entry for 15:30 has become 5:30). So the time zone difference between the GMT -08:00 and GMT +02:00 would indeed solve the mystery.

What should I do now to correct the time zones of the hundreds of old entries?

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, have you checked that you have defined correct timezone in your Hotmail Calendar? 

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes. I have by now selected Helsinki, Finland (EET) as my time zone in Hotmail Calendar. When I used Nokia Suite to migrate my data to the Windows Phone, no time zone information was asked when creating the Hotmail account (I had none beforehand).
Please use plain text.