Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Many "suits" from Nokia!

Advisor
sayefhussain

Many "suits" from Nokia!

Nokia is giving "PC Suit", "Ovi Suit", and lately the "Nokia Suit"! Why is this so? Is one suit, by whatever name, not enough?

Also another question, apart from PC Suit, no other suits have the capability of importing or exposring contacts. I think, it is a great shortcoming. Isn't it?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

To answer the First part.. First it was PC Suite and then OVI Suite.. As the newer models are no more compatible with the PC Suite, it will get phased off.. Nokia Suite is only the result of the new policy of the company to phase out the OVI brand and renaming it with Nokia...

..so finally it will be ONLY the Nokia Suite..

..and Yes, as for functionality some critical features of the PC Suite are left aside in the Nokia Suite, no idea WHY ?  

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi sayefhussain,

As for the first part of this I agree what Farby has commented. Also that OVI suite is renamed to Nokia Suite. So do not get confused with it.

For the 2nd part, Importing and exporting contacts is still possible with Nokia Suite. First click the Contacts tab in Nokia Suite and then Click the File menu, you will see the option "Import contacts" and "Export contacts".

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

taza99 wrote:

For the 2nd part, Importing and exporting contacts is still possible with Nokia Suite. First click the Contacts tab in Nokia Suite and then Click the File menu, you will see the option "Import contacts" and "Export contacts".

Wonder why I do not get these options !!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Makes two of us.... Maybe the new 3.4B Version..

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Vaidovesta wrote:

Makes two of us.... Maybe the new 3.4B Version..

Yes, in the 3.4.16 Beta it is there.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sayefhussain

@taza99, but unfortunately, I've faced too much problem, rather failure, in importing contacts downloaded from my previous account in Ovi!
Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi sayefhussain,

Could you please try out the Nokia Suite 3.4.16 beta from this link https://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta/download_and_installation

The option for importing or exporting contacts is there!

I hope you don't get any problems with this version of Nokia Suite. 

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.