Got version 126.96.36.199 and the message are not syncing
There are about 20 messages in the inbox on the phone and another 20 in the Sent folder, when I sync I get the pop-up almost straight away saying that is has been done but the only message in Ovi is the second most upto date inbox / sent pair.
Could you please provide us more information on this?
A. Device details ( type *#0000#)
B. System Information details ( Help About- Ovi Suite- System Information )
C. Connection Type (BT/USB), BT stack details
Custom Version 20.0.005.267.02
Custom Date 13-04-2010
Nokia Ovi Suite 188.8.131.52
PC Connectivity Solution 10.26.0.0
Connectivity Cable Driver 184.108.40.206
Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.18.0.60492
Maps Service API 220.127.116.11
Nokia mPlatform 2.6.195
Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 18.104.22.168
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Edition, Service Pack 2
Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18928 (Default browser)
Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.0.6000, Build: 16386)
- Toshiba (Version: v7.00.11), In use.
Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.0.6002.18005
- USB Modem Driver 6.0.6002.18005
- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 6.0.6002.18005
Does it with Bluetooth and USB
Just remembered this
I just installed the latest version of ovi suite 22.214.171.124 and it is not working
I did an auto update of Ovi a couple of weeks ago (I guess to the version just before that one) and it did not work properly in that.
BUT is was fine in the past.
Atleast message sync works for me.
I am not sure this will solve your problem but you can try this once.
1. Uninstall Ovi Suite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity cable drivers from Add/remove program if anything is there.
2. Delete the files from here If anything is there
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Nokia\Ovi Suite
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OviInstallerCache
3. Restart Computer.
4. Download and Install latest OviSuite http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite
5. Connect the device and try to sync
I as really hoping not to go for a full reinstall.
Is it possible to sync all the old messages back onto the phone before doing this?
What I really was looking for was that one file that held the time / date of the last sync. Then I could change it by hand making it think everything was new and then try again.
I think it is possible.
Select all messages in NOS and drag and drop those in device inbox.
I tried this this with two messages and in device i got got the exact details of sms which i have in NOS
That worked so I will give a reinstall a go.
Strangely if I try and copy the message from the phone to NOS the cursor changes to a '+' to indicate the copy but nothing actually happens.
Will need to wait till I get some new messages to make sure syncing is working but the copy is working in both directions now so I manually got them back into NOS.
If problem still exists could you try install the BETA Nokia suite version?
Check if you have disconnected device during installation.
- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click UnInstall
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution
Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest beta version of Nokia Suite version (v 3.4.21) from here ... To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..
- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue
I hope this helps.
Nokia Suite team
Thank you for error report!
Could you please provide the logfiles and your email address? I have sent you a message with more details.
We can't start investigate this problem without the log files.
Thank you in advance!