Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA ASHA200 UPDATE PROBLEM SOLVED

Professor
malange007
Accepted Solution

NOKIA ASHA200 UPDATE PROBLEM SOLVED

Hey everyone ... Thanks to our admirable employee of nokia Magovoru aka Miss Marina the nokia asha 200 upgrade issue is solved. Just had her input and here it is. I followed the procedure and just upgraded my asha firmware and yes its more reponsive and faster. Yet to test the echo issue.

1. open C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Suite\productapi\productapiconfiguration.xml file in the notepad
  2. find 

<TypeDesignator>RM-800</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>SD</SecuritySolution>

and change it to:

<TypeDesignator>RM-800</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>NA</SecuritySolution>

1. also another device needs to be change, from:

<TypeDesignator>RM-761</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>SD</SecuritySolution>

to

<TypeDesignator>RM-761</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>NA</SecuritySolution>

nokia suite 3.4 will have this issue resolved which is yet to come out.

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Re: NOKIA ASHA200 UPDATE PROBLEM SOLVED

Quick Solution
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jonnalagadda

Hi,

I did what you told me to do. when the notepad is asking to save , its saying access denied. kindly help me out.

tks in advance

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Saad_Rafique

right click the nokia suite folder goto properties and unmark the read onlyy option.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aaronvco

Hi, I did the solution and started updating my phone. However, during the installation phase of the process, my phone turns off, and the nokia suite says that it lost the connection to the phone. When I press anything on the phone, I don't get any response from the phone. Nokia suite shows a process to restart the phone and reconnect the USB but doesn't work. Hoping for feedback :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Dear aaron

Sad to hear your having issues. Please i repeat no matter how many time your phone restarts or computer says it lost the connection donot attempt to do anything at all to the phone. Its all part of the update. Once the update is complete the suite will notify you that its done and only then you touch your phone and disconnect it.
Please use plain text.
informasik

My Phone does the same, turns off. And then Nokia suite says that connection is lost. At the end i get the error message, and no upgrade...
Please use plain text.
informasik

Solved. When your phone turns off second time, just press the power button and turn on the phone, upgrade will continue... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
grace_xvi

i followed everything you said but still my phone failed to update.. help me please.
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi grace_xvi,

Could you try out new 3.4.16 beta release?

It is available at http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta

You can use your Nokia Account credentials to login.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
22_niel

Hi,

My first attempt left the phone in "test mode". It eventually started working again.

I also tried your fix by changing the "productapiconfiguration.xml" file but the problem still persists.

I finally downloaded 3.4.16 as instructed (and found that your fix is in the "productapiconfiguration.xml" file) but the phone still lost connection every time I attempted the upgrade.

The phone restarts, then it restarts for a second time(this time it just starts normally) the Nokia suite says connection was lost. I tried to follow the instructions (remove the battery, disconnect charger, disconnect cable, then reconnect cable, install battery, and reconnect charger) but the upgrade would not continue.

It's strange that windows always said "this device can perform faster" everytime the phone is connected. I've tried 2 cables and both have the same notification. Is it possible that the Micro USB cables I used do not support USB 2.0?

I tried the upgrade on two computers with Windows XP and "never search windows update for drivers" is selected in control panel\system\hardware\windows update.

The phone never got the "test mode" again after the first attempt.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TruanT

I signed up specifically to answer this question. I am from Belarus and translate through Google))
I had the exact same problem (did not want to update software, like 22_nel)
What I did: just got a flash drive from the phone and ran sync in Nokia Suite. After that, all updated.

Please use plain text.
ritptr

just remove the memory card and d 2nd sim nd put the phone in d flight mode.. this helps a lot...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daziplqa

[ Edited ]

I bought Nokia Asha 200 from Local retail here in Egypt one week ago with version 10.59 and the Echo problem ....

I've followed the steps above and every thing works like a sharm ... Echo problem gone, the internet browser and chat programs are also working perfectly!

Note, for last version of Nokia Suite, You don't have to edit any files, It works out-of-the-box

Thanks Nokia!

Please use plain text.
solo8x

hello truan

can u help me regarding your phone error problem solution

im also having the same problem when connecting c2-03

while updating few minutes later it says "Phone connection lost"

Hardware ID missing

"Windows cannot identigfy the device plugged into the Nokia USB Flashing Parent"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tmnewton09

Hi i want to say just open notepad and and saveas ur file on desktop then rename is same as same as the notepad file have in directory,.then del the notepad file from directory as by clicking on the option continue.then select the file which u have on desktop and paste it in that origional place where earlier file was existing.again by clicking the button as continue which will be popup on ur screen, now ur edited fle will be safe.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alexanderyusuf

Hi,my handset has a problem.when i try to click the internet side on the phone menu,it displays"conflicting application" on the screen.please help me fix this problem,because it's realy stressing me up.thank you.
Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
ifeewhy

hi, i'm from nigeria and a bit confuse on what you wrote. pls make it simplier

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kafirj

dear Marina mam, thanks a lot.i want to know something.plz,answer me.
i am using nokia asha 200.it's version 11.95
after getting notification about new update for this in my phone update section,i started to update.after downloading update,it said to install.by doing this,i only see in my screen that "CONTACT SERVICE"
i have done this by my phone.now,my phone is not on.nokia suite can not get any connection.i can say it now a dead phone.plz..........
Please use plain text.