Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA OVI Suite could not connect to the nokia...

NOKIA OVI Suite could not connect to the nokia account server

Hi, please help?

I cant seem to connect to my ovi account via ovi suite (could not sign in), it asks if the internet connection is working.

Though when i try log in via the ovi website I have no issues.

It wouldnt have bothered me but now it asks to log in for me to update the phone software so cant update. If this doesnt get resolved I am hoping that software updater in pc suite still works?!

I had this response from Nokia but not very helpful:

"This problem could be related to security software on your PC preventing Ovi Suite from accessing the internet.
In general, we recommend setting the security settings to Medium level within any security software. Setting security to High level may cause issues in attempting to sign into the Ovi Suite Service or when downloading music.
You may need to check with the vendor of your security software for specific configuration instructions."

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Re: NOKIA OVI Suite could not connect to the nokia account server

Hey,

hw abt giving complete information abt ur sys info?

Nokia Ovi Suite > Help > About Nokia Ovi Suite > System Information

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
black_jeans

Did you manage to sort this out because I'm having the same issue and have no security software installed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

Hw abt ur proxy settings? Hav u guys used any proxy settings on ur pc for Nokia ovi suite?

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
mobile_cracker

@ ajadri

I had a similar issue, even though all the proxy settings and everything was right. Then i checked the Firewall program and it was blocking ovi suite program. I eanbled it and now it seems to be working fine ..

Give it a shot

Cheers
Show appreciation by clicking the kudos star :-), or gesture by typing thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samree

I am getting the same issue during the signing in process. I do not have any proxy server in between and my Firewall is also off.  Please help me!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Robsterkaraoke

I just bought a nokia N8 it required ovi suite to be updated  then it started with this unable to connect to the nokia server so i removed everything nokia from my pc  even the registry and  did a clean install ..same issue  i have checked the firewall and anti virus  still same problem.

can any one help here are my system information details

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284

PC Connectivity Solution 10.50.2.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.36.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.44.0.60888

Maps Service API 4.0.24.1

Nokia mPlatform 2.7.44

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.4.1.42

Operating system:

Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Edition, Service Pack 3

Language: English

Detected internet browsers:

- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 (Default browser)

Detected Bluetooth stacks:

- Microsoft (Version: 5.1.2600, Build: 5512), In use.

Detected USB drivers:

- Default Hub Driver for USB 5.1.2600.5512

- USB Modem Driver 5.1.2600.5512

- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 5.1.2600.5512

This is really frustrating !!!

Please some one help

Please use plain text.
Sage
tzsm98

Also experiencing the Cannot connect to OVI Account Server issue.

I turned off my firewall; confirmed correct account information and Internet connectivity via account sign in on ovi.com website. Can not update MfE or Music player on my 5800 XpressMusic (RM-428) via Ovi Suite as a result of this account server connectivity issue.

I was able to perform the updates via NSU 3.0.223.

I echoed this posting to the "Give Us Feddback" section of Ovi Suite.

System Information

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284  

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0 

Ovi Player 2.1.11020.2

PC Connectivity Solution 10.50.2.0 

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.36.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.44.0.60888

Maps Service API 4.0.24.1

Nokia mPlatform 2.7.44

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.4.1.42

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Edition, Service Pack 3
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 (Default browser)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 5.1.2600, Build: 5512), In use.

Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 5.1.2600.5512
- USB Modem Driver 5.1.2600.5512
- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 5.1.2600.5512

3390 - 6103b - 6133 - 6290 - 6301b - N78-3 - 5610d-2b XpressMusic - 5800d-1b XpressMusic, N900 RX-51, N8-00, C7 Astound, 808 Pureview, Lumia 1020.
Nicer phones and still no one calls me!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
traumadoc

[ Edited ]

I am ANOTHER person with the SAME PROBLEM

I am using Suite version 3.0.0.284

In fact, my laptop was using Windows 7 - but I just downgraded to Windows XP SP3 so as to create a system image of the XP since there is one important app that I need to use in XP

Suite was able to connecto normall with Windows 7 the other day, but I get this unable to connect problem on the machine now having XP SP3

My system is 100% update from Microsoft Update

I do not use ANY firewall including MS's and the service is entirely disabled

I have IE and Firefox and use Firefox as default

I CAN connect to OVI with my browser(s) normally

ONLY OVI refuses to work properly.

What's the deal?

THIS IS NOT a firewall or proxy issue at least on my machine since I don't use them at all and YES I am fully knowledgeable on their use.

Also, Suite is able to check for software updates to the firmware, etc.   Suite simply will not allow connecting to Nokia OVI whatever ya wanna call it server these days.

Anyone want to solve this problem ?    How about the ever-not-here-Nokia-support-folks?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
echecetmat

Same problem here on windows xp with last ovi suite without firewall and logging fine on website.

Was working fine before update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snigehere

I found an item on the beta site discussion for this issue http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-ovi-suite-3-0-beta/bugreport/19143/ovi-sign-in-failed#comment-5... - it solved the issue for me.

The problem seems to be expired root certificates .... I am using XP so different steps - I went to control panel, content, certificates .... on the trusted root certificate tab I clicked the "expiration date" header to sort by expired date and removed all certificates where the date was prior to today.  I save this then restarted ovi suite and all then worked ok ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Robsterkaraoke

Snigehere

you are a genius my friend!  even though my default browser is firefox by going into  internet explorer and deleting the  certificates before todays date made it work for me ..i am really grateful

thank you!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Deleting all expired trusted root certs is not a good idea. You could end up with vital parts of the system not working, or unable to access some documents (especially if you have encryption turned on).

Thing is, expired certs can still be valid for anything signed or encrypted before they expired.

Not a good solution. Ovi Suite needs to be fixed properly, as advising users to do this is going to trash systems.

Digging further, Nokia have a posted Known Issue about it which says:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/node/5251

"With Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 there is currently a known problem with expired certificates that can potentially prevent OVI account sign-in. 
As a workaround you can remove the problematic certificates manually: Go to Internet Explorer-Tools-Internet Options-Content-Certificates-Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Delete all GTE CyberTrust certificates whose expiration date has passed. You should be left with one GTE certificate that is valid."

That's safer, just deleting the GTE certs, though there's still a risk of expired certs being in use.

Definitely don't just delete all expired certs though.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashishanandji

check your computer's Date and time. update it rite and try again.

Ashish pandey
Please use plain text.
Aikon67

I also see that OVI "cannot connect to the Nokia account server" using version 3.0 of OVI on Windows XP3.   I have deleted two GTE Cyber Trust certificates dated 2004 and 2006 leaving only one dated 2018.   This did not help.   I notice from my router log that OVI is attempting a connection using SSL to 2.18.119.243 on port 443.   I cannot resolve this IP address.   RIPE suggests it might be illegal.   What is the correct IP address of the Nokia Account Server?

JMN

Please use plain text.
Mithil

Great fix dude.. It fixed the issue for me as well.. just delete expired certificates and ALL IZZZ WELL....!!!!

Thanks a tone for sharing the info dude...

Please use plain text.
1111bill

Deleting the GTE certs failed for me.

Suppose I'll just have to forget about using the phones maps on holiday, and buy the  TomTom maps instead.

Thanks alot Nokia.

Please use plain text.
N8_plukker

Deleting the certificates d.d. 04-04-2004 and 24-02-2006 via MS IE 8 worked for me.
BTW: My PC has different brands of webbrowsers installed.

@deadkenny: Thanks for sharing this solution!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mahmo0d

[ Edited ]

i can not remove certificates in win7 64bit & ie9

anyone can help me?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nezlawn

This solution helped me in having Ovi suite connect to the Nokia server: delete the GTE CyberTrust certificates whose expiration date has passed.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.