Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA Suite 3.386 not installing!!!!!

naumanbbk

NOKIA Suite 3.386 not installing!!!!!

i hv tried several times installing nokia suite 3.386 but it wnt installl. It seems to get stuck in the end and the installation bar does not show any progress......though when i click on the nokia suite icon in the desktop i am able to run it..........but when i cancel the installation the icon or the program is not available....

i hv

windows 7 

4gb ram

intel core i3

PLSS HELPPP!!!     

Please use plain text.
3ahoert3

Re: NOKIA Suite 3.386 not installing!!!!!

I have similar problem. I'm installing the Nokia Suite 3.3.86 into a laptop with Win XP (SP 3).

First I tried to install the Nokia Suite, but it got stuck abt. 95%.

I waited even over night, but it did not finished the installation.

Then I cancelled it, but the cancellation did not go through till end and I killed the prosess.

Then I tried to install it again, but same problem happened again. It gets stucked abt. 95%. The ovi information is running on right, but the software loads is in a loop or frozen.

Then I followed info on this thread and uninstalled Nokia Cable Driver, PC Suite and Nokia Suite.

Re-started the laptop and tried to install the Nokia Suite again, but it still got stuck at abt. 95%.

I believe it might be Win registery related or something else, but I just can not imagine on how to proceed with...

Any help/advise???

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

my advice would be to try to install the nokia new suite on another system. If it runs means your system is going in conflict with the nokia suite and preventing the installation completion
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

Please check:  Phone time and date is properly set

Try also reinstall Nokia suite:

- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite 3.3.86 version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope it helps!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
firemonster

I have same problem on vista 64 service pack 2
did anyone solve this
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

are you using original windows or the pirrated version
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Advisor
firemonster

no, i have older versions on other computers and when i try and start this on my other comp seems to work same setup, but the comp i am using does not work, is it possible to email me a older version

Please use plain text.
Advisor
firemonster

or i may have to reinstall windows
Please use plain text.
Advisor
firemonster

i have an error saying the problems with installation file please download the latest version, is always good practice to put older download files in your history so we can get one that is compatable maybe your intrusion software for pirated copies is too sensitive

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

this installation trouble is being seen a lot on people who are running pirated version of windows or that which is not activated online.....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
firemonster

preinstalled software is not he same you dont need to activate online the  software is pre loaded so that it cannot be moved from the machine and does not need o0nline activation,

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

hey fire

Software??? I think what your trying to say is a preloaded windows that comes without a restore cd . Yes that is original and its already activated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hamdhan

Please run the program as an ADMIN and make sure you are on ADMIN account. Also temporarily disable all antivirus software.
Proud Owner of a Nokia (1Ghz Nokia Belle Device).

"One does not simply buy a Nokia."
"iPhone falls = Screen breaks | Nokia falls = floor breaks"
Please use plain text.
cyrilslugg

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.1.1.90 to 3.3.89.0 and after it downloads I get the message "the software package has an unknown signature which is not verified by Nokia". I'm running XP SP3. The phone is a 5320. I tried downloading the software with the firewall switched off but got the same result. What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hello cyrilslugg,

Do you have WinXP 32 bit Media Center Edition, SP3?

The problem can be because WMDRMSDK.DLL has been missing.

There are two ways to rid of this problem:

1.      Download/update the Windows Media Player 11

2.      Download Update for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&id=2292

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

If it doesn't help could you check your Intermediate CA certificates the following:

1) Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html to update your Intermediate CA certificates.

2) You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary.

3) Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension.

4) Then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu.

I hope it helps!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Liridonx

Its probably late now but I managed to solve the problem (at least on my pc).

When the bar stoped moving i opened task manager and chose to end all msiexec.exe processes EXCEPT the one that was using more Ram ( I figured that was the current installing process ) and the bar started moving again.

I hope it works for others to.

P.s Sorry if I made any writing mistakes  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.