Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

No iternet connection although I'm writing this me...

Contributor
azmulx
Accepted Solution

No iternet connection although I'm writing this message.

I just wanted to update firmware of my phone, but I'm stuck with Nokia Suite that complains about missing internet connection. There is no problem for sure with connections as I just downloaded Nokia Suite and I'm writing this message now. Also Suite figured out that there is in fact newer firmware out there. Windows firewall is also turned off. Do anyone have any clue what can cause this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azmulx

Re: No iternet connection although I'm writing this message.

Weird. It seems that also Win7 thinks that there no internet connection as I look it more closely. "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings." So I guess Nokia Suite is at least partly relying on what Windows thinks about internet. It's just Windows and not any other program so far have had problems. Is there anyway to force Nokia Suite to connect servers. All the nokia servers are accessible just as it so there should be no problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azmulx

At least

NokiaSuite.exe /? /h -? /?

gives me nothing.

Is there any other way to update firmware than NokiaSuite... At least there is this DeviceUpdaterProgress.exe. Can I maybe use it after finding Firmware binary somewhere?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

From your posts it would seem there is an issue with your PC internet connection.. 

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azmulx

You are partly correct. Windows Network Manager have problems to determine my internet connection. Otherwise the connection is working perfeclty. This might have something to do with microsoft addressess I blocked for security reasons. But it should not affect any further. All the browsers, messaging, you name it software works just perfectly. So my PC have full internet access to Nokia sites and so on.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azmulx

After restarting Network List Service Windows magically determined that I in fact have the connection. But now Nokia Suite won't let me in. Just saying that "Could not conect server". Can anyone tell me what server it wants to connect? Should I unblock some of microsoft servers from router?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azmulx

Restared computer, added the route to internet, restarted Network List Service and tried to sign in again. No luck. I'm giving up. All this microsoft madness just smells. Trowing this phone to trash and continue using my old 5110 which is still working as expected.

Thank you for your time.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Understand your frustration in marking the thread as 'Solved' .. but, there are some different solutions working for different Users HERE and HERE that you may try.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azmulx

Thank you! I found that date was incorrect on my computer. Deleted all exired certificates. But sadly it didn't help me any further. Then I tried also Ovi Suite. It was bit better as it at least let me try to log in withot restarting Network List Service, but no luck.

This problem can be related to this windows routing problem. I'm booting off from iSCSI and if I give windows route to internet on dhcp answer it tries to connect also iSCSI server through this route although ISCSI server resides in same subnet.

Also as I'm using iSCSI it's impossible to reset ethernet connection. Routing you ofcause can modify on fly, but windows seems to have problems with this.

I should probably pay more attention not to buy any Open Source icompatibe devices.

Most probably I will not even have tools to fix this so I still think it's kind of solved.

Please use plain text.