Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia 700 - unable to install apps on memory c...

Advisor
quba1405

Nokia 700 - unable to install apps on memory card via Nokia Suite

Hello,
I have the problem with installing apps on the memory card via Nokia Suite. However the preffered memory in the Nokia Suite settings is memory card, the program installs all apps on the phone memory which is obviously very limited. I need to say that the problem does not occur while installing apps via Store client on the phone - they install on the memory card, according to the settings of the Store.
The problem is very annoying, to me, the installation via Nokia Suite is much more convenient. Alas, it is useless, since all apps just go to the phone memory.
I use the latest version both of the Nokia Suite and the software of my Nokia 700. I tried to reinstall both the program and the phone software - without any effect.
Please forgive me if the topic has been already mentioned. I have been searching for the solution through the discussion, but I haven't found the clear answer.

Kind regards

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Nokia 700 - unable to install apps on memory card via Nokia Suite

Hi, do you mean, that application is installed to
- phone memory
- phone internal mass memory
- memory card

Can you point, which application is causing this problem? Is it possible to send me the link to application?

Did you install the app using drag'n'drop or from Nokia Suite's store view?

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

@quba1405

My comments refer to Nokia Suite 3.7.21 Beta but doubt any difference here. Whilst your 700 is connected go Nokia Suite go to Tools > Options > My Phones > Preferred memory - which by default is Mass memory for 700 - click upon blue arrow and change to Memory Card.

700 MC

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
quba1405

As I mentioned before, I have set the preferred memory to memory card, before I have started any installation. That's my problem: despite of the preference, all apps install to the internal mass memory.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi quba1405, could you answer to these questions:

Can you point, which application is causing this problem? Is it possible to send me the link to application?

Did you install the app using drag'n'drop or from Nokia Suite's store view?

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
Advisor
quba1405

I do not use drag'n'drop (if I understand you correctly). I just click "download" on the app which I want to be installed via Nokia PC Suite. All the apps which I have tried to install were causing this problem, I mean all the games and tools etc. available on the ovi store. I think there is no point to name all of them.
To sup up: all apps, except of Nokia maps, which I try to install via Nokia PC Suite programme install on internal mass memory (I remind that the preferred memory is 'Memory card').

I hope that you understand me correctly, thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

On my Nokia 5800xm, even though Nokia Suite / Nokia Store preferred Memory are set to Memory Card, it provides option (on the phone) where to install the application (in Phone memory or on Memory card) just when the installation is to begin ... Don't you get such option ? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
quba1405

Unfortunately not. After downloading the app, it installs automatically and does not give me an option to choose manually where to install.

Please use plain text.