Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C1-01 OVI 3.1.1 Outlook Contacts and Notes n...

fjec

Nokia C1-01 OVI 3.1.1 Outlook Contacts and Notes not sync'ed

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just bought a new C1-01, downloaded and installed OVI 3.1.1 and did the synchronization of Contacts, Agenda and Notes between Microsoft Outlook and the C1-01. Operating system is Windows 7.

Everything seems to work OK, but finally I got essages telling me that "2 contacts" and "32 notes" couldn't be sync'ed, but I am not able to know which are the ones that couldn't be sync'ed.

Is there any place or any way I could find which are the missing ones (that is not doing a comparation one by one... I have more than 500 contacts and 60 notes... :smileywink: )

Thanks and kind regards

Please use plain text.
Employee
hunchback

Re: Nokia C1-01 OVI 3.1.1 Outlook Contacts and Notes not sync'ed

HI!

Make sure that you don't have automatic sync enabled

Connect your phone

Go to Sync--> View sync log

You should be able to see what has happened on your previous sync.

Please use plain text.
fjec

Hello, thanks for your answer.

I did what you suggest, and I see the log, but the only message (on top of the many contacts and notes sync'ed) I get about the items not sync'ed are:

"2 contacts not sync'ed"

"33 notes not sync'ed"

Question is: Is there any way to find out which are the ones not sync'ed that do not imply to revise the full list of the sync'ed (There are really many of them)?

Thanks and kind regards.

Javier

Please use plain text.
Employee
hunchback

The next Major update of Ovi Suite tells you more about the failed cases, but meanwhile you can try the logfiles

%APPDATA%\Nokia Ovi Suite\Nokia Connector

Open the latest logfile on Notepad or similar

Please use plain text.
fjec

Good Morning.

Thanks for the cue, but I tried the logs and there is information about "records not written", but no information about the particular contacts entry or Note entry that was not sync'ed.

Will more detailed info in the coming update of OVI? When is it planned to be released?

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Employee
hunchback

I cannot say the schedule, but you should very easily see it this discussion forum when we release something on Nokia Betalabs.

Please use plain text.