Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3-01 and backup problem

JudithDavison
Accepted Solution

Nokia C3-01 and backup problem

Just bought the C3-01Installed OVI Suite on my laptopUpdated new phone software.

Installed my old sim card into my C3-01.

Phone works fine, all my contacts are showing, did backup to ovi suite.

NON of my contacts are showing in the ovi suite on my laptop.

Notice that my contacts are shown as NAMES on my C3

Ovi states backup successful.

So where are by contacts/names backed up to?.

Have done a reinstall for ovi suite, that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas please

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you want to SEE them in the Nokia Suite (earlier called OVI Suite).. you have to SYNC them. Open Nokia Suite-->Contacts..and Click on 'Sync' next to the Phone icon at the bottom...

Please use plain text.
JudithDavison

Yes I have synced the phone as you suggested without success.  This is very frustrating as all my pictures are showing, but none of my contacts! on the suite

I again tried reinstalling the Novi suite, but still with no success.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Are these contacts on the SIM ? If so copy them to the Phone Memory..and then sync.

Afterwards either delete all contacts from the SIM or in Contacts settings -->Memory in Use..select ONLY 'PHONE', else you will see duplicate entries in the Contact list and also the Caller ID will not function correctly.

Please use plain text.
JudithDavison

Thank you very much, problem solved! 

Hope you have a very good and healthy 2012

xx:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.