Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7 connection with PC using Nokia Ovi Suite ...

Advisor
Freely
Accepted Solution

Nokia C7 connection with PC using Nokia Ovi Suite problem to solve.

Hi,

When trying to connect to via USB via Nokia Ovi Suite to Nokia C700 device the Nokia Ovi Suite software wizard on stage 2 produce message "The Device is not in PC Suite USB mode..."

while on Device Nokia Ovi Suite mode is ACTIVE.

PC Operation System : Windows XP

Nokia Ovi Suite software version : Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.1.23

Why such problem? How to overcome/solve?

Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Re: Nokia C7 connection with PC using Nokia Ovi Suite problem to solve.

Hi Freely ,

Could you please try out these steps:

1. Exit Nokia Suite (File -> Exit ) and Disconnect you device from your PC
  2. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers
  3. See if your device is listed there. Right click you device and delete it.
  4. Now connect you device
  5. A bubble notification, "Installing device drivers for your device will appear up", click that bubble
  6. See if all the things go successfully  (If not then provide us the screenshots, MTP device error thing to appear here, if it fails agian)
  7. If it is all OK then start Nokia Suite (If not, then take a screenshot of that and upload it in reply to this post)
  8. Start Nokia Suite and see if your device is shown as connected (provide us screenshot as well)

I hope it will help you to connect your phone via USB.

Please reply if you still encounter the same problem.

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Freely

Hi taza99,

Thank you for the reply.

after disconnecting device, closing the Ovi Suite I looked in control panel and there is no such device you mentioned in 1-2-3...

?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Freely

Hi,

Thank you again for your answer. I am trying to connect my device to PC via USB in Nokia Ovi Suite mode and also to succeed to build and debug .sis files from Qt SDK.

Now I have on disk C on my Windows XP around 1Gb free , I can't free more so I need solution to install Nokia software in such storage frame.

I am still can't connect in Nokia Ovi Suite mode  , screenshots are attached ( today software begun to require update from Nokia Ovi Suite to Nokia Suite but still can't recognize my device connected ).

I hope we will solve the issue soon.

Awaiting to proceed...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Freely

Still can't connect in Ovi Suite Mode

please help how to connect on Windows XP machine using Nokia Ovi Suite software to Nokia C700 Symbian Anna based device via USB in Nokia Ovi Suite mode.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Freely

[SOLVED]Nokia C7 connection with PC using Nokia Ovi Suite problem to solve.

Hi once again.

Sorry for maybe trubeling , now I sovled the connection problem after several reinstalls and disk cleaning.

Screenshot of connection established is in the attachment.

Now I need to resolve another issue with Qt SDK .sis files creation for Symbian Anna and debug using CODA.

Thank you

Good luck.

Please use plain text.