Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 and Nokia SUITE - PC SUITE

vbalogh

Nokia E72 and Nokia SUITE - PC SUITE

Hi all. Ihave problem with my Nokia E72. it is always freezing, after i connect it to computer.

the same is if i have installed PC SUITE  or NOKIA SUITE. the strange is, that it happends  just from the autumn last year. i dont update software before freezing. the firmware is 54.005 form may  last year.

otherwise, the phone is working OK, sometimes it make restart themself, but no other problem.

can someone help me, how to make backup now? i wnat to restart the phone to factory defaults, but i need make a backup.thanks.Viktor

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia E72 and Nokia SUITE - PC SUITE

Is the phone getting detected by the PC Suite or the Nokia Suite ? If so, select 'Back-up' in the PC Suite or 'Tools --> Backup' in the Nokia Suite and follow instructios.. You may also select SYNC in the Nokia Suite to sync the data ...

Please use plain text.
Employee
Malla

Hi,

Hi, the latest software version for E72 is 071.004. You might want to try to update the phone sw, maybe it solves the freezing problem.

You are quite right to want to backup your device before updating. Nokia Suite does the backup and restore during the sw update process, but if your Nokia Suite cannot detect your device at the moment, you can take a backup to a memory card:

Menu > Office > File mgr.

Hope this helps,

M

Please use plain text.
vbalogh

[ Edited ]

Hi , thanks for both of you.

the PC SUITE and Nokia suite can detect the phone, but after few seconds the phone is not responding.

so backup is not able to do to pc.

what i made was, that i synchronize the phone with other nokia, this way i backup the phone, than i made HARD RESET, and now the phone is working correctly.

really no idea, what was the problem.

but thanks for your reply.

BUt the phone is no detecting the new firmware, through nokia suite and phone, i dont have newer version available. but it can be restriction based on operator. or not?

V.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cfvcr69

I have the same problem... Except I have reset twice, cleaned up memory card, swapped memory card.  Deleted all folders with the imei at the /use/AppData, removed nokia suite, cleaned up registry, checked to remove all device drivers, even removed "imei".ndif from memory card... Still when I connect to the computer either USB or BT the phone becomes unresponsive for as long as it is connected and even a couple minutes after physical disconnection.  Oh, and when you connect it, windows reports 0-bytes available on both phone memory and uSD. Quite annoying!!!  I'm just about to throw it away!

Please use plain text.