Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Music Player crash on start-up after upgrade...

Sage
ken80ny

Nokia Music Player crash on start-up after upgrade to Nokia Suite

I have upgraded Nokia Suite from Ovi Suite and found that the Ovi Player cannot start after the next restart. I have tried to upgrade the player to Nokia Music Player and had error during software download for multimedia common component. There is no problem using Nokia Suite. Can anyone help to troubleshoot what has gone wrong and where should I begin to get Ovi Player work?

I was a Nokia Music Unlimited user and has all my songs on the PC with Ovi Player can't start. The last crash I had has caused me to redownload some of the songs due to drm licensing problem. I hope the recommended suggestions would not cause me to loose the drm licenses again. thanks!

Running on a Windows Vista system with updates.

was: 3310--> N80 v5.0719.0.2--> N82 v31.0.016; now: 5800xm v40
KeN82Ny
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Music Player crash on start-up after upgrade to Nokia Suite

Uninstall the 'Multimedia Common Components' thru' Windows Control Panel and try re-installing the Nokia Music Player...Also make sure that you have disabled Anti Virus and other firewalls when you install..

..though I am not sure about the DRM issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flavionoschese

Same problem.

Nothing works!

Unbelievable!

After two years, OVI still doesn't work.

You know, the cellphone is OK, but the PC interface is a **bleep**.

Unusable!

That is one of the good reasons that Nokia is failing.

In the last two years, I lost a lot of days working on hundreds of versions of OVI trash.

Worst! That trash damaged my windows!

Today, I quit!

I will by a new smartphone and become a smartguy.

Please use plain text.
Numa001

Same problem as ken80eny with the latest update. Tried on two different computers (Windows 7 64 bit). One was an upgrade, the other one a fresh install. When the Nokia Music Player gets installed the Nokia Multimedia common components install fails at the download stage with error "Failed. Network Error".
Please use plain text.
Numa001

Resolved my problem: after trying with no firewall (no success), I found out my AV (AVast) had to be deactivated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samiar

Thanks, this worked for me. At first I missed uninstalling "Multimedia Common Components". I also disabled AV (Microsoft Security Essesntials) before installing.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GoldynChylde

de-Activate AV software? **bleep**? that means nokia music is a virus

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi GoldenChylde,

Nokia Music is not a virus, as other users have found that sometimes their anti-virus software may cause conflicts (not only with Nokia software but other programs), as the AV program brings up the program as a false positive (i.e. incorrectly detects the program as being an invasive process that is seeking to damage the user's computer through installation/operation etc). Is impossible for all AV programs to have a database that knows to exclude Nokia programs, and the same goes for any other computer program out there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.