Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Can´t sync with Outlook 2007

Contributor
mreyes

Nokia N8 Can´t sync with Outlook 2007

Hi, I just Got the Nokia N8, and installed the new Ovi Suit v3.0. But when I tryed to sync the Outlook 2007 Calendar, it says " Cannot Sync with this application: Check your profile in microsoft outlook". with the previos version of the Ovi Suit didn´t work also. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
waendi

Re: Nokia N8 Can´t sync with Outlook 2007

Did you try instead of using OVI the Nokia programme "Nokia PC Suite"? In my opinion this programme is much more comfortable that OVI. One thing is to consider: Repeated (serial) entries do not work properly!!

Regards waendi

Please use plain text.
Employee
atammin

Hi,

do you have a specific error code associated with the error message? As the message says, there appears to be some problem with connecting to your profile in Outlook. 

You might want to try

1) Repair -functionality under the Sync menu in Ovi Suite

2) create a new profile to Outlook and change the sync to sync with the new profile

Thanks,

Aki

Please use plain text.
waendi

...just noticed that the actual PC Suite does not work with N8. Users wrote in this forum that obviousely earlier versions of PC Suite do work with it.

@ Nokia people and management

If Nokia wants to stay in the business with smartphones, they have to be better than Apple... Thats the benchmark and nothing else! So for the first thing do support PC Suite for N8

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi waendi - please try what atammin suggested for you:

do you have a specific error code associated with the error message? As the message says, there appears to be some problem with connecting to your profile in Outlook. 

You might want to try

1) Repair -functionality under the Sync menu in Ovi Suite

2) create a new profile to Outlook and change the sync to sync with the new profile

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mreyes

Hi there.

I checked the PC Suite page, but it says that is not compatible with Nokia N8, for that, I didn't bother to download it...

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mreyes

Hi there, there is no code.. just the pop up message that says " Check your profile in microsoft outlook".

I just did the sync repair in teh Ovi 3.0 software but it didn´t fix the sync with outlook.. I try to sync in a new computer, with a freshly installed Ovi 3.0 and a new profile in outlook 2007, but it has the same problem..

Any ideas...

Thanks..

Please use plain text.
Employee
MobileRider

[ Edited ]

Hi Mreyes,

Could you please fill in the detailed error reporting 
form which is available in the following link.
This will help us understand your issue better. 
Please don't forget to attach logs and relevant 
screen-shots.
BR
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

MobileRider wrote:

Hi Mreyes,

Could you please fill in the detailed error reporting 
form which is available in the following link.
This will help us understand your issue better. 
Please don't forget to attach logs and relevant 
screen-shots.
BR

Allow the N8 to sync using Nokia PC Suite.

There's your error log entry.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TH8437FR

mreyes wrote:

Hi, I just Got the Nokia N8, and installed the new Ovi Suit v3.0. But when I tryed to sync the Outlook 2007 Calendar, it says " Cannot Sync with this application: Check your profile in microsoft outlook". with the previos version of the Ovi Suit didn´t work also. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks.

My Nokia N8 can not sync with Outlook. The previous version 2.  did work.

It must be a disaster for Nokia since this is very important for every user that this function works.

I recommend that Nokia takes a good look at Palm Desktop to learn how Contacts and Memos works.

Sincerely

Thomas

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

got the same error and fixed it this way:

-uninstall Ovi Suite and PC Suite and all other Nokia software shown by Windows

-run "PC Suite Cleaner" by Nokia (google for that)

-run a Registry Cleaner like e.g. "Wise Reg Cleaner"

-run CCleaner and clean up all temp. files and stuff

-reboot

-install latest Ovi Suite

hope it helps you too

- Nokia N8 -
Please use plain text.