Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 and Ovi suite - when will Ovi suite s...

Advisor
freddo

Re: Nokia N9 and Ovi suite - when will Ovi suite support N9?

So with the sync thing I will be able to copy all my contacts and messages from my E52 to my, hopefully, future N9?

Will the N9 ever be supported by the PC Suite? It's quite nice using that one to edit a lot of calender entries and writing very long SMS messages on the computer.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

I think there will be no integration.  As far as I understand Nokia intends to change Ovi Suite for Nokia Suite, and Beta release of Nokia Suite does not have support for N9.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Please use plain text.
mc3105

If you do develop that pgm (and it works) I want it - I can even give you some money - but let me know urgently cause i'm so frustrated that I'm about to return my N9 to the shop
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MyN9

The old PC Suite works fine with the Nokia N9. Can add calendar entries, reply and read SMS and add contacts to your N9 using PC Suite on your computer. More about this here http://myn9.blogspot.com/2011/10/6-things-to-know-about-connecting-n9-to.html

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raitasuo

Hello.

Was the following link shared already?

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-link

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

The Nokia N9 was planned and designed to be used with an "Always available" Internet connection. The applications on the phone have options to sync data with online cloud services.

Nokia Link is basically a media copying tool.

Please use plain text.
nomadicman04122

I am not surprised that Nokia's decline in market leadership is their lack of foresight and forethought.

When I switched to Apple, their launch of every new product has always been synchronised with a full bore team that is ready at a drop of the feather to release all the floodgates of information. Take for example the Apple iPad is a phenomenon. Apple's software, support and software releases and web content and all are held in suspense until that final moment that Steve Jobs makes that physical mention of the new product. Everyone is awed by the suspense. When the awe and light display is over almost instantaneously the entire Apple corp is in sync. Their web pages change to reflect the new product, availability, and almost any bugs that appear are fixed very quickly. This is Apple's success. THEY MAKE PRODUCTS THAT MEET ME AS A SINGLE CUSTOMER HAPPY AND 98 % OF THE TIME.

I picked up my N9 today and was dissapointed because I couldnt back up my content from the old X7 that I had. Another big reason why Nokia may not see next winter as the entire users around the world are going to migrate to Cloud computing and Apple have done it again... 

My ole X7 and E9 are all going to become expensive paperweights. That's what's happened in reality. Getting 5 or 6 iPhone 4s are what I am going to seriously consider and put my N9 out for auction on eBay or something... 

The management at NOKIA ought to have learnt by now. HP's goner.... today 2 computer companies dominate.... APPLE and IBM... the rest are chasing the dragon and not having a head to guide them....

My point is NOKIA better have a good update or fix. Parting shot... my X7 was working fine until the latest software update then all hell broke loose. The phone hangs and many other issues that are intermittent and will certainly want everyone to know that I would action out by making it a paperweight.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lolohugy

<body><p>you can sync your contacts to your n9 with your online ovi account directly from the nokia account in your n9.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Are you referring to the US market? Apple computers dominating around the world? When?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
incal

OVI suite is a handy if imperfect piece of software. As an interface between my N9 (great phone) it would beat the **bleep** out of Nokia link which seems a cheap and nasty solution to fixing compatability with ovi suite or the new nokia suite. Nokia link simply lacks in functionality. Hope they fix this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
darrharis

re maps - this is simply not true. I also have a new Nokia N9 connected by wifi, and it cannot download maps!! It repeatedly says "download failed. Please try again".  How do I fix this please? I am travelling overseas in the next week and need to download various maps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelrsydney

I am fortunate that most of the maps I need were pre-loaded. If I go into "manage maps" I can find all the available maps but cannot start the download.

Of course, this phone will not connect to Ovi Suite so I cannot go there and Nokia Link will not run on my Vista computer.

Please use plain text.

I have tried sync online with my accounts but so far nada, doesnt work yet with the online accounts

Please use plain text.
vladkvl

So I tried on my Nokia N9 to Manage Maps> Load Maps Catalogue and everytime I try I get this:
Download Failed, please try again!
I have tried about 10 times now, same error. My Nokia N9 is connected to WiFi and I also have 3G service with T-Mobile, please help I am from USA.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
llDonovanll

I live in Canada and I bought my Nokia N9 64GB "Made in Finland" from a UK OnlineRetailer.

I have the same problem too with Ovi Maps. I can't download any maps directly from my Nokia N9 64GB with my wifi or my data plan.

I went in "Map" ->  "..." -> "Manage maps" -> "Downloading map catalog..." = "Download failed. Please try again" 

It's been a week and it keeps saying "Download failed. Please try again" .

Any clue how to download maps on Nokia N9?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

llDonovanll wrote:

I live in Canada and I bought my Nokia N9 64GB "Made in Finland" from a UK OnlineRetailer.

I have the same problem too with Ovi Maps. I can't download any maps directly from my Nokia N9 64GB with my wifi or my data plan.

I went in "Map" ->  "..." -> "Manage maps" -> "Downloading map catalog..." = "Download failed. Please try again" 

It's been a week and it keeps saying "Download failed. Please try again" .

Any clue how to download maps on Nokia N9?

Hi llDonovanll,

Downloading of the map data via cellular connection or PC is not supported with Nokia N9. Could you make sure you have set your Wi-Fi as priority 1 in your connectivity settings.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
llDonovanll

[ Edited ]

How do I set my Wi-Fi as priority 1 in my connectivity settings?

Meego-Harmattan don't have the same menu like Symbian^3 or Symbian Anna. I only see the Internet connection menu but there's no where I can set priority 1.

Can you show me the steps please?

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
isto

Hi Pia,

Being able to sync outlook calendar with exchange server is not much good if we do not have remote access to the server. That is why a lot of corporate user need local bluetooth sync. This is basic functionality I have used with every Nokia phone up to now.  This really needs to be working. Please do what you need to do to get Ovi/Nokia suite supporting N9.

isto

Please use plain text.
Contributor
munken_15

Nokia N9 and Ovi suite - when will Ovi suite support N9?

N9 and ovi suite can Sync!

I have Just Found This Website showing how to sync N9 with Ovi Suite!. I have just tried it and it works great, calender, contacts etc.

Here's the link, please follow the instructions correctly:

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/11/01/nokia-suite-updated-to-v3-2-98-0-ovi-suite-sync-with-n9/

Please use plain text.