Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 and Ovi suite - when will Ovi suite s...

Contributor
vonjandl

Re: Nokia N9 and Ovi suite - when will Ovi suite support N9?

I was contemplating on getting the N9 until I found out that it was missing a few things including radio, FM transmitter and access to Nokia suite. I find that the Nokia link is a half baked solution. But I found a nokia website with the PC suite and downloaded it. I will purchase either the N8 or the N9 tomorrow. still haven't decided.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Xose

Could someone from Nokia please be so kind to post a brief comment on this subject? It is one of the most and hottest discussed threads in the Nokia Suite board and Nokia's presence is sorely missed... From the perspective of a large number of the N9 user community (mainly loyal, long-time owners of varying Nokia devices over the time, often for business purposes) the formerly taken decission to do not support the N9 device with Nokia Suite (or should I say to explement already built-in support...) needs to be reconsidered. Please!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aallonharja

Please someone from Nokia tell me that this is just a bad joke.

I NEED to sync my phone's contents with the computer and vice versa. I have just bought this very expensive phone and it has many minor yet upsetting flaws. Syncronization, though, is something very important and i MUST have it, I am a business user! 

Especially because I am already used to it from previous devices such as N97 and E7. I dont understand why to have this now.

Please answer because otherwise I have very few time to return the phone. And I will, if this does not get solved.

Thank you.

Tomas.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
michaelsydney

I am puzzled as to why Nokia make so little contribution to this discussion. I asume the following post was bogus? If "Piia" really is a Product Manager for Nokia N9 why has there only been one post way back on October 12th?

The answers Piia gave at the time were far from satisfactory and dismissive of the very real problems users were having at the time and are still having now.

Please Nokia, give us some feed back, some updates to fix these many bugs and PLEASE a proper backup system for the N9

Nokia N9 does not support Ovi Suite, but there is new lightweight and simple to use Nokia Link application for your PC or Mac:  www.nokia.com/nokialink . With this application you can easily  copy photos, videos and music to your N9.

For Outlook contacts and calendar you can use the Mail for Exhange account, that will also synch your email. You can find guidance here:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/n9/user-guide?ccf_name=nokia-n9/guide/GUID-6BE14793-...

For directly syncing contacts from your old phone to the N9 you can use the widely compatible contact syncing. You can initiate this from the Phonebook> Options> Import contacts or from the Settings:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/n9/user-guide?ccf_name=nokia-n9/guide/GUID-D546BDA9-...

For preloading maps, you no longer need to have your computer, but can do this directly from the N9's Map application. From the settings you can choose> Manage maps> App maps. There you can preload country maps over WLAN connection. 

Piia

Product Manager for Nokia N9

Please use plain text.
Advisor
enki71

Totally agree with michaelsydney !  It's a shame the way they act. How can you imagine that a mobile like N9 with all options to be connected easily with the accounts (fb, twitter,google...) cannot be connected to ovi store to backup its data ??? SHAME SHAME SHAME! or maybe should we say Stupid stupid stupid ? 

The worst thing is like you said, that the supposed Nokia employee are never in the community to give answers. I'm still waiting the 1.1 update because my phone have several bugs, but they  communicate nothing, when it will be available, why it takes so long. 

We are just here to "pray" and hope that our requests will be granted.....sad!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
enki71

An N9 without ovi but with Nokia link, is like a Ferrari with a petrol tank of 5 liters...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trigpointuk

Make sure Online is set on in settings. You can turn it off when the maps have loaded.
Please use plain text.
twsmark

so disappointed in N9 after much excitement and a month of frustration trying to sync, i went back to iphone, but when i drowned my iphone (literally jumped in the pool, oops) i had to use N9 again until phone got fixed, and the same frustrations seem to still be about - Nokia please get it together with the sync as there are so many features in the N9 that whip the iphone (wifi network speed, swipe, general speed) incidentally anyone know how to get some speeddials set up on the N9 so you dont have to search for those daily-used numbers?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deroberling

Just for your information: i had the synchronisation working with version 3.0.0.284 of ovi suite. It seems to me, Steve Elop is just kicking the N9 wherever he can.

I really am looking forward for him to fail on the whole line with his crapy WP!

Just downgraded installing the ovi suite (you can download it for example from here: http://www.oldapps.com/nokia_suite.php?app=f11cb12119c58e6806a3344a64f34e51 )... everything works just fine!

Really disappointing

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mununkumgh

well, i got n9 two weeks ago and as a politician, i had over 1300 contacts on my 9300. In fact, getting the contacts synced was a headache for me till i tried the following:
1. Use PC Suite to export your contacts from your old Nokia as .csv file and save it
2. Connect the N9 to your PC and launch the PC Suite.3
3. Go to contacts and click on import contacts
4. Look for the .csv file and import it
5. Wait till you are told import is sucocessful
Thats all it takes to get your contacts synced.

I am still working on how to import calendars. When i find anything useful, i will let you know
Please use plain text.
Y0d4

Update: Nokia Ovi Suite supports Nokia N9 again! Synchronisation works perfect, Suite detects N9 without problems - Perfect ! Thanks to everybody and to Nokia!
Please use plain text.