Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia OVI wont install to my computer

Advisor
Tiiuza
Accepted Solution

Nokia OVI wont install to my computer

Hello,

So my problem is that Nokia Ovi wont install. I have tried several different ways(runnign as administrator and using troubleshoots on computer etc)

I add screenshot to this thread what the box says.

Employee
magovoru

Hi Tiiuza,

Could you try clean installation of Nokia suite?
- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Advisor
Tiiuza

Hello,

I tried to find those things so I can uninstall them but there arent any of them in my computer. I tried even search but it seems that I dont have any of them

Mobile Overlord
farby

Hope you have downloaded the installer from here ...

Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

May also be worth trying the PC Suite cleaner before re-installing it.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/pc-suites/how-to/nokia-pc-suite-cleaner
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Advisor
Tiiuza

Hello,

Tried all of these but it still says same thing. :smileysad:

Employee
magovoru

If it doesn't help could you check your Intermediate CA certificates the following:

1) Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html to update your Intermediate CA certificates.

2) You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary.

3) Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension.

4) Then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Advisor
Tiiuza

Hello,

Tried that aswell now and it didn't work. It still says same.

Mobile Overlord
farby

Do you have iTunes installed on your PC ? If so, un-install it and then try installing Nokia Suite...

Advisor
Tiiuza

Hello,

Uninstalled itunes and didnt help.

Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

[ Edited ]

Use regedit to track the key "DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8", Right-Click the key on the laft-hand pane click the advanced button on the permissions tab and under owner assign your current account.

Tick the "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions" on the permissions tab
then tick the "replace owner on subcontainers and objects" tick box on the owners tab and hit apply.

the keys shall then be writeable by the installer.

Now try to re-install the program.

If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Just a thought, if that still doesn't work, then you may need to create a new string value.... In the same key on the right-hand pane right-click and then click new and string. rename this to be "68AB67CA7DA75301B7449A0300000010"

Again, close regedit and try installing the software.
Advisor
Tiiuza

Hello,

This one worked! Thank you very much! :smileyvery-happy:

Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

No problem, glad to have helped.
_axe_

i have same problem as Tiiuza, i bought a new nokia 500 with symbian anna features. then i needed to update it nd for update i needed to install ovi suite 3.3.89. nd i downloded it frm nokia site. bt it did nt install in my pc. showed same window as Tiiuza posted in his post. anyway i installed it on my office pc nd its working there. i updated my phone in my office. bt y its not installing on my pc i dont know. even i fallowed ur all instructions whatever u gave to tiiuza. any idea to help me?
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

@ _axe_ -  Have you tried the suggestions mentioned by magovoruEmployee above ...