Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.241 released - recommended u...

Counsellor
asez73

Re: Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.241 released - recommended update for everybody

[ Edited ]

Ok, there is another post where they say that you should start OVI Suite in administrator mode!

It worked for listing the maps in the phone.

To make it permanent under windows seven, you must:

1-go to your program directory (something like C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Ovi Suite),

2-right click on NokiaOviSuite.exe to access the property,

3-select the compatibility tab

4-make sure you check the box labeled something like "Execute with administrator rights" under "Privilege Level" subtitle.

By the end, Windows will ask you to allow this software for changing your PC every time you start Ovi Suite: answer Yes or give-up with Nokia!

I still got problems with duplicated contacts/photos/videos at each sync and MfE repeatedly asking for password every 10s or so.... This was not the case before I upgrade OVI Suite.

No better result so far!

It doesn't change my point of vue about such a mess.

For the proper finishing, there is a third thread where Nokia is asking for those details below:

- Do you have latest Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.241 installed? YES

- Nokia Ovi Suite settings regarding maps storing to device (Tools -> Options -> Maps)? E: (memory card)

- Which PC operating system do you have? Windows Seven (just as about 150 millions other guys on this planet)

- How is your PC connected to network? (Livebox, Wifi)

- Proxy settings? None

- Firewall software? Windows Seven + Microsoft Security Essentials (standard config)

- Which device and device SW do you have? E72 latest firmware

- Maps SW version in device? Latest (updated with Ovi Suite)

- Have you started maps application in your device? YES

- Maps storing settings in device (Maps -> Settings -> Map)? E:\

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alderney

Hi,

Can you tell me when 3.03 will be available in new handsets, dont want to have to download it so i shall wait until its in the shops.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

as a beta testor for this....i could not even get it to launch after installation...EVER until the .41.

it launched, and messed up all my contacts just like the original version did 16 months ago.

still doesnt sync all my calendars on the n900 either and it was supposed to.

didnt even sync my contacts back to my ovi account online, even though i was online....although none of the maping is correct on the contacts...both from ovi, ovi suite, n900 and outlook.

the mapping is off and wont sync all the numbers as they do not match.

email after email after email after 10's of 10's of hours in trying to get it to work.

i dont know...maybe i am just a babboon with regard to phones and pc's.   you'd think after 15 years of pc's, building them and teching them, and 13 years of being in the cellular industry, that i would finaly get it down.

just install the standard pc suite to sync.  at least it works.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Seems to work great after a complete uninstal!!!

Initially I had the previous version 2.1.1 which after the upgrade to 2.2 didn't seem to work.

After a complete uninstall of ALL nokia programs in the Control Panel everything seems to be running smooth.

The program feels faster and more responsive in addition to loading quicker.

Its currently running under Windows 7 with all latest updates.

Please use plain text.
sk80

I see no improvement in performance but just more issues. Already the sync option was not great and had more issues. I was using it only for updating maps and now even that is not working correctly.

Maps does not update - it just gets stuck in "deleting existing maps on device" step. Even after 15 min it stil didn't do anything and I had to kill the app.

Complete uninstall/reinstall didn't help either. I'm stuck in initial setup only during installation!

Worse piece of software!! if PC Suite had map updating option I would never have installed this one.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
godot2010

sk80 wrote:

I see no improvement in performance but just more issues. Already the sync option was not great and had more issues. I was using it only for updating maps and now even that is not working correctly.

Maps does not update - it just gets stuck in "deleting existing maps on device" step. Even after 15 min it stil didn't do anything and I had to kill the app.

Complete uninstall/reinstall didn't help either. I'm stuck in initial setup only during installation!

Worse piece of software!! if PC Suite had map updating option I would never have installed this one.

Run Ovi Suit as an Administrator - right mouse click on the Ovi icon -> and select "Run as an Administrator". Now you will be able to update your maps.

This is either a software bug or done on purpose by Nokia.  If the done on purpose, the software should at least tell you about this requirement.

Please use plain text.
sk80

Thanks for your suggestion. But, I'm already running the OVI as Administrator. After letting the map update running for longer time, it appears to be working, but just extremely slow. I will wait and see if it completes successfully.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scarlatescu

Hi,

This version seems a little bit faster, the the sync with the Thunderbird 3.1 (for contacts) option is gone. Can you advice?

When can we expect this back?
N97 user. Blog: scarlatescu.ro
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

Hi woodcutter,

I faced the same problem. I uninstalled NOS and reinstalled it again. Now it is working for me. Could you please check this again?

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I agree this is rubbish - the last version worked fine but now I cannot sych and the USB connection is not recognised. What are Nokia doing about it ??? Alf

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

One major issue with the new Ovi suite is that it installs codecs that causes Media Player Classic Home Cinema to be unable to playback any video formats. I've tried to use the block codec feature in MPC-HC and the issue stays. After uninstallation of Ovi suite the issue was solved.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Murpelo

This tells it all:

"Installation operation failed. unknown error (code:1618)"

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kennethrivera

I'm new on Ovi Suite, i was installing the new version but after 3 hours stuck on the installer I decied to cancel the installation.

Then I tried to reinstall the 2.2.0.241 version, and I got an Error 1618.

I tried to install a previous version and I got "previous installation on process"\

Note: I restarted the PC after that and tried again.... same results. Any idea how can i sort this out?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Diwa

Hi Martyndavies ,

Could you be more specific about your issue.

Which operating system do u use?
Which model handset you use?
Which firmware version do you have in your mobile? ( *#0000# will reveal the details)
Are you trying to connect thru cable or thru Bluetooth?

Go to OVI suite -> help -> About nokia OVI suite -> System information. Paste the information...

Regards

Regards,
Diwa

If you like my post, kindly acknowlege the same by giving a kudos to me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
jahnbes

Hi, I did the update.

Don't do it!

Then I synchronize the contacts and the calendar. It destroyed my calendar. All the recurrent tasks crash at the E52 and (!) at Outlook also. Now in Outlook I have more then 300 tasks (before 80) and the starting time is between 2015 and 2055 for a yearly task!

The calendar isn't synchronize anymore.

If I run the Ovi Suit now all will be synchronized but the calendar and the tasks. When the Ovi suite tries to synchronize them it crashes completely.

I try to go back to the old version but now the old version didn't synchronize the calendar and the tasks also.

And it crashes like now like the old version.

For one month of hard work with ovi store I can make a bad final statement: this is one of the most corrupts software I ever seen. And it destroyed my data.

Bert :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I strongly recommend you don't install nokia ovi suite. 

I installed it yesterday and i wanted to do a firmware update on my phone.

The wizard said it would make a backup of my data and then restore it after the update is complete. That was not true. When the install was complete it said it couldn't find any backup and it lost connection with the phone. 

I never found any backup file on my pc. I've even scanned with recuva to find deleted files but nothing.

And now i don't have a backup because i trusted the application with that.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bloomberg

Yup, had exact same problem with previous version of Ovi - pile of junk:smileymad:

I use the PC suite which is ok so no intention of changing to Ovi but can you still update Ovi maps without it?

I used Ovi when it was first installed to do this before removing it, the link on the PC suite just opens the Ovi web page?

Cheers all,

David

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
godot2010

The same thing here. PC suit directed me o ovi when i tried to istall maps. Go fiure.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

i wonder all of you who face problems about ovi suite, what kind of pc do you have??????:smileyindifferent:

i installed the new version and i don't have any problem. just reinstalled the firmware on my nokia x6 and everything was ok, no crashes, no freezes, nothing at all !!!!!!

have you considered a format on the hdd, and reinstalling windows?

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
godot2010

[ Edited ]

Dear p_a

I have a relatively recent Toshiba Satellite notebook, running on Win 7 - all up-to-date. I have never ever had any problems with applications, including running open source stuff (i.e. Open Office, Thunderbird) on my PC.

I have never ever had to reformat the HDD to install an application - not even in the good old DOS days! Read the number of Nokia users having problems and dislike OVS. OVS 2.1.1.1 was worse than their last beta. OVS 2.2.0.241 - like all previous OVS versions - is a huge program, comparable to MS Office. It runs S L O W E R than molasses.  It is full of bugs. A disgrace to Nokia. It is the result of questionable vision (product specifications) and poor product management..

The good news for Nokia is that Apple's iPhone 4 is apparently a lousy phone - but has a lot of hot applications. Go figure.

Please use plain text.