Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite 3.2.100 - installation problem

dmcc
Accepted Solution

Nokia Suite 3.2.100 - installation problem

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help with the following problem.

I've got a brand new Nokia N8, so have downloaded the latest version of Nokia Suite 3.2.100.  I'm trying to install it on my home PC, which is running WinXP 32 bit (Media Center Edition, SP3).

It goes through the installation process happily, then when I start up the software I get a Nokia Suite 'Welcome to Nokia Suite' window, quickly followed by a dialog box saying 'Nokia Suite needs to be repaired.  There's a problem with this installation of Nokia Suite.  Before you can use the application, you need to repair the installation'. 

On clicking the 'Repair' button, it takes me to a 'Maintenance' dialog, where again I click 'Repair'.  It goes through the repair process and finishes with a dialog saying 'Nokia Suite has been successfully repaired', but on starting the application again, I get exactly the same 'Nokia Suite needs to be repaired' message at the Welcome screen.  I'm stuck in a loop!

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, and a fresh download of the Nokia Suite installation file.  None of this has worked - I'm stuck!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dorian

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

Hi Dorian,

It is best you install the Nokia Suite again and also to hard restart your phone.

If it didn't help:

- Unistall Ovi Suite

- Uninstall also Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and PC connectivity Solution

- Then restart computer.

- Download and install Ovi Suite

- Restart Computer again

- Connect the device, do not open Ovi Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.

- Once done then launch Ovi Suite.

If you still have this problem could you send us feedback including log files, using "Help -> Send feedback"?

Regards,

Marina

Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
dmcc

Hi Marina, thanks for the reply

I've followed your instructions, but am still getting the same issue :-(

If the phone is connected (via USB cable) when I launch Nokia Suite, then the welcome screen says 'Your device N8-00 is now connected' but then almost immediately the 'Nokia Suite needs to be repaired' dialog appears on top.

Windows Device Manager shows a number of entries under 'Wireless Communication Devices' such as Nokia N8-00 USB LCIF, Nokia N8-00 USB OBEX, Nokia N8-00 USB Phone Parent and Nokia N8-00 USB Phonenet', and a Nokia N8-00 USB Modem under 'Modems'.  So I think the trick of connecting the device by USB without starting Nokia Suite has worked in terms of installing the relevant drivers?

Unfortunately, I can't send the log files, because the 'Help' menu is unavailable as soon as the 'Nokia Suite needs to be repaired' dialog box appears on launching the application.

Any further ideas?

Dorian

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

Hi Dorian, I have the exactly the same problem. I also have XP Media Center Edition so I suspect it's related to that. I updated from Ovi Suite which worked ok. I hope Nokia fix this fast before I buy an iPhone 4S :0)
Please use plain text.
zdelchev

Hi I have the same small problem and I am sure you will fix it soon , but there are many other with your software.

I love my Nokia and I'm really disappointed which is nothing if it was just me, but I'm not.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
The_Fads

Hi Marina & Dorian,

I also have the same issue with nokia suite 3.2.100. I tried Marina's suggestions to no avail. After removing & reinstalling everything i did manage to get "PC Internet Access" to work, just not Nokia suite. Since Nokia suite won't launch we can't send feedback through that program. If there is another way to find & send log files, maybe we can email them to nokia. Just let us know.

Ovi Suite 3.1 & earlier versions were working ok for 12 months (although i had the syncing issues and i was never able to backup & restore properly without corrupting functions within my phone). But ovi suite always ran & most of the functions ran well (apart from those already mentioned).

Im also using Windows xp sp3 media center edition. Who knows. Maybe this version of windows has always had problems & nokia just didn't find out about it until now.

Anyway, I hope there is a solution soon.

Thankyou,

Fadi

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

hi Dorian,zdelchev and The_Fads, Did you use Ovi Suite before installing Nokia Suite? I did and at least Ovi Suite installed and ran ok. Maybe the short term solution for us is to go back to Ovi Suite (if we can still download it from somewhere) I installed Nokia Suite on my company laptop and although they have changed the look and feel, it's still got the same old bugs for example it looses the current sms edit if another sms comes in before it has been sent. Worse it often sends sms messages to the wrong recipient!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tspde

Have the same problem here, Win XP Professional with SP3 - after Ovi Suite forced me to install the Nokia suite, im stuck in this "Repair" loop. Did uninstall/reboot several times, including a full cleanup of the registry and deleting all the application support directories in my profile. Did not help at all.

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi dmcc,

Please follow the instructions to collect and submit the log files via this link http://tiny.cc/ja40z. Please pay attention to section 12, there you will see the instructions for collecting the log files.

Please submit your error report and attach the log files to it.

We will investigate your problem further.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
dmcc

Error report has been submitted, with log files attached.

Thanks,

Dorian

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anhn

Same here. I also use Windows XP Media Edition, updated to SP3

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Thank you !

We have received your error reports, thank you for the logs.

This error is under work and I let you know when fix will be available.

Best regards,

Marina

Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Could you please provide your OS?

Do you have WinXP 32 bit Media Center Edition, SP3?

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
ssmerlin

i have WinXp professional 32 bit with sp3 and i get same error
Please use plain text.
kenr1946

I have it also and had the same problem. Also had the same problem with a ealier update, very similar symtoms, ref. topic" Re: Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284 "Could not sign in" problem (N8)". Same "root" cause?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shashank084

I had recently updated my ovi suite 3.0.0.290 to nokia suite 3.2.100, but i couldnt able to install it. 

It prompt for shredder disk. 

"Insert shredder disk and click ok".

I don't know what to do. any help...

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Could you please provide us the system properties and log files?

Please follow the instructions to collect and submit the log files via this link http://tiny.cc/ja40z

We will check the log files and I will let you know what is going wrong.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anhn

With a little help from Nokia support feedback I have resolved my problem.

There's something wrong with Windows XP Media Center Edition that causes missing of DLLs and Microsoft has provided an update, which is here http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&id=2292

Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
dmcc

Successfully resolved for me too - thanks Nokia support team!

Issue was missing dll files.  Workaround was to install Windows Media Player 11 (I only had v10 on my PC). 

To do this, I also had to install Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and Microsoft .Net Framwork 1.1.  I did this via the Windows update site http://www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Thanks all,

Dorian

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

Thanks ahnn and Dorian. I followed your leads and started to update from Media Player 10 to 11 I was then prompted to install rollback 2 (whatever that is). In fact I didn't need to complete the update to 11 but, while I was there .... anyway Nokia Suite is now working for me too. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.