Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite 3.2: How to export contacts in CSV...

Serafeim

Nokia Suite 3.2: How to export contacts in CSV?

I want to export my Contacts from Nokia Suite 3.2.100 to a CSV file. There is neither any mail software (e.g. Outlook etc) installed on the machine, nor do I wanna use any web app (like Google Sync etc). All I wanna do is a straightforward export to csv. TIA!

Please use plain text.
mikehotel

Re: Nokia Suite 3.2: How to export contacts in CSV?

Really? Nearly a year and no solution? If this actually reflects the Nokia Suite's inability to export in a plain CSV, then this is ridiculously stupid. Nokia used to be very open and friendly in terms of accepting/letting go users from/to other plateforms. Now it is as closed and obsessively protective as Apple. I really didn't expect this. So freakin disappointing..... SO FREAKIN DISAPPOINTING !

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi. 

- Please upgrade to Nokia Suite 3.7.22 which latest Nokia Suite version

- Then go to Contacts view in Nokia Suite, you can see there contacts, what you have

- Select all contacts what you have

- Go to File menu and from there select Export Contacts

- You will be asked, to which folder your contacts will be saved

- After this, your contacts are saved as individual vCard files to selected folder

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikehotel86

[ Edited ]

^ Thank you for the reply. But the goal here is a CSV file, not vCards. I already have vCards. I understand that these vCards can be imported in any third party contacts software, but again, why would nokia remove such a basic funtion of exporting as CSV. This option was there in previous suites, but they pulled it away in newer versions. Very unfair, ignoble and backward thinking.

Also I tried importing these vCards in Windows Live Mail but it does not import cards with some particular fields.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi mikehotel86, unfortunately Nokia Suite hasn't ever supported exporting contacts to .csv file.

If you have Microsoft Outlook installed, you can sync your contacts from Nokia Suite to Microsoft Outlook and export contacts to .csv file from Microsoft Outlook.

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikehotel86

Nope. I use open office. (writer, calc and impress only)
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

I would suggest downloading Nokia PC Suite instead. It has the capability to export contacts directly to a .csv file. For compatibility, you can check here.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikehotel86

I was under the impression that the previous versions of Suite will not be available. This solves my problem. Thank you tiny_chef. It is unbelievable that I have to go back to a previous version to get it done.

Thank you again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikehotel86

I do not have my Nokia phone anymore, which is why I was trying to export the contacts in backup file as CSV. This previous version has almost all its options disabled since the phone (which I dont have anymore) is not connected. I do not have any other nokia phone either. Is it still possible to import contacts from vCards, backup file into the PC Suite?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Previously, did you synchronize your contacts with your Outlook using Nokia Suite? If you are not sure, you can check your Outlook or check it under Nokia Suite settings:

Go to Tools>Options>Contacts>Sync with contacts Application

If your contacts are available on your Outlook, refer here for the instructions on how to export them as a .csv file: http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/export-contacts-HA101870639.aspx

*The instructions are intended for Outlook 2010. You can search through the website for instructions if you are using a different Outlook version.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikehotel86

Nope. I don't use outlook.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikehotel86

I just completed CSV export. I imported the vcards into thuderbird (using MoreFunctionsForAddressBook extension) and then exported the csv. Thank you all for your support. So long Nokia !

Please use plain text.