Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite 3.4.49 not syncing with Thunderbir...

Advisor
cocksmoker

Nokia Suite 3.4.49 not syncing with Thunderbird 12.0.1 as promised

And again, Nokia is messing things up:

The latest Nokia Suite does NOT sync with Thunderbird 12 as promised in the install/update notification.

Seriously Nokia? Again? How freaking lame can you be?????

If I check the install.rdf of the Sync add-on it clearly states: Max Version = 11.0.*

Yeah... 11... 12... what's the difference, right????

If I change that to "12.0.*" Nokia Suite will still complain about "Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't work with Nokia Suite yet. Please check back..." blah

"Error code: 83950007"

It should be the other way round. "Nokia Suite does not work with Thunderbird yet again, we're very sorry, but we're too stupid to keep things up to date"

Again: Seriously Nokia? GET **bleep** DONE! PLEASE!

I didn't buy a Nokia to fumble with a bunch of retarded software that you guys are too slow to update and even lie about its functionality. THIS IS FRAUD!

Instead of filling the Suite up with useless **bleep**, please, just DO YOUR JOB and UPDATE THIS **bleep**!

Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia Suite 3.4.49 not syncing with Thunderbird 12.0.1 as promised

I've got Nokia Suite 3.4.49 on two PCs. On one PC, in Thunderbird 12.0.1 add ons, I have Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension 1.8.184.862 This works! On the other PC, it's ver 1.8.148.695 This version doesn't work and is greyed out.

On the working PC, I did a Nokia Suite upgrade today and got the working add on. On the broken PC, I've had Nokia Suite 3.4.49 for a while. So, I think the add on isn't upgrading.

I'm going to try (a) installing 3.4.49 over itself, and if that doesn't work (b) uninstalling & reinstalling.

I like Nokia phones 'cause they actually make phone calls, but in the long run I want to abandon Nokia because of their generally bad PC support.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cocksmoker

Will try the same now. Thanks for the tipp!

This should work out-of-the-box though!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cocksmoker

Tried:

-uninstalling

-deleting the wack add-on in Thunderbird

-deleting all tmp and **bleep** folders the software creates

-rebooting

-installing

Result:

SURPRISE. DOES NOT WORK.

The add-on version is still 1.8.148.695.

Why again am I wasting my time on this? Oh... I forgot. Nokia's software is too stupid to do **bleep**. I remember now...

And again: Nokia you fail to deliver. VERY DISAPPOINTING (again: SURPRISE!)

**bleep** do I have to do to make this worK?!?! It can't be THAT hard, can it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hope Nokia won't give away support for Moz apps now that they are bound to MS...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AIXroot

I have the same probs.

One Tip: If there is a version conflict because of a too high version of TB (I have Version 14.0)

you might try to change Variable "maxVersion" in install.rdf in the package synchronize@nokia.suite.xpi

This resolve the version missmatch and enables the pluggin.

...however it is not working :crying:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AIXroot

[ Edited ]

...after a long day of installing, uninstalling, searching for old versions, downgrading and configuring I finally succeeded with the following hints and versions:

my config:

nokia 6230i

vista

TB-V12 (anything else is not supported yet) with Lightning 1.4

Nokia Suite 3.4.49 with TB pluggin Version 1.8.184.862

I had to update the TB-Nokia pluggin to ...862.

The sync with contacts worked directly.

I used a workaround to sync the calendar entries.

Under http://bmdixon.wordpress.com/2007/05/17/sync-a-nokia-phone-with-lightninggoogle-calendar/#comment-14...

I read about a nice workaround:

- Start the Windows Calendar

- Create a new empty Calendar, e.g.. mycalendar

- As Nokia Suite didn't let me sync calendar entries with TB, I used the mycalendar to sync.

- Create a new Calendar in TB-Lightning with the location of : file:\\C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Calendar\Calendars\*CALENDER_NAME*.ics

- Stop and Forget the Windows Calendar and continue with mycalendar on TB-Lightning (probably you have to restart TB once)

also many thanks to this info:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-3-3-beta-for-windows/bugreport/46751/sync-with-mozilla-...

Please use plain text.