Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Suite 3.5.34 - Unable to connect N8

Counsellor

Nokia Suite 3.5.34 - Unable to connect N8

I usually use PC Suite to manage my phone but I thought i'd give Nokia Suite another try tonight.  It's been a long time since I tried it last time and I was extremely disappointed with it then so I was hoping for some improvements.

However, i'm unable to connect my N8 to the suite via USB cable.  The suite tells me that my phone is not in USB Nokia Ovi Suite mode but it most certainly is.  I've tried switching it to mass storage mode then back to Nokia Ovi Suite mode but it still doesn't connect successfully.  I've tried rebooting but it still doesn't work.  I've tried uninstalling, rebooting then reinstalling but it STILL doesn't work.

However, it does connect successfully via Bluetooth.

Can anyone make a suggestion before I dump Nokia Suite and wait a few more years until Nokia get it right please?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia Suite 3.5.34 - Unable to connect N8

Uninstalled Nokia Suite and decided to install PC Suite again.  PC Suite is working perfectly.

Have to admit that Nokia Suite looked vastly improved from the last time I tried it when it was Ovi Suite.  If all the features were available on Bluetooth, I would've been tempted to keep it installed whilst a fix for the USB connection could've been found.

It seems i'm not the only person having USB connection issues.  If a fix is found, i'll probably give Nokia Suite another go.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GARR1Do

GRRRR !!! i had installed and unistalled it 3x, still i cant connect via nokia suite ! this has been happening since i reformat my PC.. pls i really need help !

Please use plain text.
atgb20

Also having the same problem. I Keep getting the message to change phone to suite mode, It's in bloody suite mode!!! I don't use nokia suit that often because every time I try, something doesn't work. Only wanted to check for software updates. Might be a blessing in disguise!

Please use plain text.