Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Suite 3.7.22 fails to start

Contributor
ul_hiker
Accepted Solution

Nokia Suite 3.7.22 fails to start

I'm using Nokia Suite and E71 to connect to internet. Occasionally (~once a day) internet connection is lost and Nokia Suite fails to form the connection again. When re-starting Nokia Suite I'm getting the following Windows error message and the program fails to start:

"The instruction at "0x0087956c" referenced memory at "0xbbadbeef". The memory could not be "written":"

After this message the only way to re-establish the internet connection is to boot the PC.

Nokia Suite: 3.7.22

E71: 510.21.009 (latest)

PC: Win XP Pro 32

akurtul

I am also having problems with Nokia Suite 3.7.22. It never starts. Always fails to start and always in Not Responding mode. I cannot sync my files or make a back-up on my phone..

aleisha11

ul_hiker wrote:

I'm using Nokia Suite and E71 to connect to internet. Occasionally (~once a day) internet connection is lost and Nokia Suite fails to form the connection again. When re-starting Nokia Suite I'm getting the following Windows error message and the program fails to start:

"The instruction at "0x0087956c" referenced memory at "0xbbadbeef". The memory could not be "written":"

After this message the only way to re-establish the internet connection is to boot the PC.

Nokia Suite: 3.7.22

E71: 510.21.009 (latest)

PC: Win XP Pro 32

You may try to uninstall/re-install the Nokia Suite. Also, uninstall all Nokia components such as Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution. Then, download and re-install the Nokia Suite from this link: www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

In case that the issue still persists, you may consider updating the computer's OS. Since the error message is pertaining to MIcrosoft error or contact them for further assistance. You can contact them here: www.support.microsoft.com/

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Contributor
ul_hiker

Thanks for your help.

I will consider installing the 3.7.22 again, although the problem was present with an earlier version on Nokia Suite.

For the time being it seems an old piece of sw, the Nokia PC Internet Access, which happened to reside in my PC, is provinding a decent service.

While noticing your advice to uninstall all other pieces of Nokia sw, I did discover earlier that the standalone Nokia SW Updater was heavily disturbing the Nokia Suite. I wonder why the installation routine of Nokia Suite does not simply remove that piece of sw since the capability is available from within Nokia Suite.

Contributor
ul_hiker

I uninstalled few pieces of old Nokia sw: the standalone Nokia Software Updater and the Ovi Player, removed all related traces using IObit Uninstaller, repaired the installation of Nokia Suite and run register repair.

Not a single Windows application error case after these actions, so thumbs up !

Contributor
ul_hiker

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately the problem soon reappeared, and was not cured even after installing Nokia Suite 3.8 (currently running 3.8.30).

In short the problem shows now as follows:

- The internet connection thru NS and E71 fails to work about once a day forcing me to shutdown & restart the PC.

- It seems that the failure appears after certain amount of data transferred. It is more regular (~once a day) than irregular.

- At the end of Windows shutdown I am usually getting blue screen with a message telling that "the problem seems to be caused by the following file: rdbss.sys"

Any ideas ?

Employee

Hi, here's http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/windows-7-pro-x64-rdbsssys-rdr-fil... instructions, which could help you in this crash related to rdbss.sys. Could you try following these through and does that help for your issues?

Cheers, Samuli