Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite Update – “Something’s gone wrong” ...

john7237

Re: Nokia Suite Update – “Something’s gone wrong” message

Have tried all the things that have been suggested its waste of time nokia ether carnot or are not interested it has to be a phone fault nokia suit is fine until n8 connected may be we should ask some of the kids at primary school to sort it for at least we should get a response nokia give the same advice as every body else ????????
Please use plain text.
narensankar

SOLVED - 

It appears this issue might be due to the location or permissions on the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2 directory.

In my case this was due to the permissions not being assigned to this directory and hence the files not accessible.

So I am guessing that if you search for this directory - NOSSU2 and make sure it is in the right location and with the correct permissions then Nokia suite updates check and work correctly.

I am running Windows 7 with a N8.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hi007

Hi, It doesn't solve the problem on my pc and on many others who do not have the file NOSSU2 via path  C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2. The problem is the earlier version of Nokia suite version 3.0.0 has left over some stubborn entries on my laptop that just won't go with add/remove programs and Revo Uninstaller and the latest Nokia suite version 3.3 won't install. I am running Windows XP home 32 bit.  Thanks for your efforts though!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
concorde672

I use Vista and do not have Programdata folder.  Is is the ProgramFile program?  Any idea how to change the permissions as I am no so conversant with this.

Thanks for your contributions. There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
concorde672

Managed to find the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2. and added files as described but still the same
Please use plain text.
harleypeter64

narensankar could you please explained what you have actually done to solved this problem....you mention right location and permission..I am also running windows 7 with a N8.
Please use plain text.
pclpaul123

Re: After “Something’s gone wrong” message N8 would NOT restart!

Hi nokie39, I had the same problem with my N8. Try starting the phone up without the sim card in. If it starts up, the u need to do a sim swop.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
concorde672

Re: After “Something’s gone wrong” message N8 would NOT restart!

Received my Belle update OAT but have to updade via nokia Suite

again "something went wrong , some files missing came up again" I knew this will happen

NOKIA THANKS FOR NOTTING!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rogeroverin

I started this thread nearly three months ago.    I’ve reinstalled Nokia Suite and the associated software countless times and the various updated versions, with no solution to the problem at all.     As most of the other posters have confirmed, updates for the phones are available but impossible to obtain because Nokia Suite does not permit the update feature to work.  

I set my Nokia Suite program to generate log files to see if these would indicate what the problem was.  They would also be available for Nokia if they chose to ask me for them, but they haven’t.   Reading these log files, there are entries which read:-

“12:08:21.766 [003296]        Config file: C:/Windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/Nokia/Nokia Suite/NOSSU2/nossu2.cfg

12:08:21.766 [003296] WARNG  Error opening config file: 5 'No such file or directory'” and

“12:08:21.818 [007700]        User groups file: C:/Windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/Nokia/Nokia Suite/NOSSU2/usergroups.cfg

12:08:21.818 [007700] ERROR  Error(82081, Cannot open usergroups.cfg file, 5, No such file or directory)

12:08:21.818 [007700] ERROR  Error(82041, Cannot get access channels list, 5, No such file or directory)

12:08:21.818 [007700]        82041, Cannot get access channels list, 5, No such file or directory

12:08:21.818 [007700]        (82041, Cannot get access channels list)|(82081, Cannot open usergroups.cfg file, 5, No such file or directory)”

Searching my computer, there is no file called “nossu2.cfg” anywhere, but there is a file called “usergroups.cfg” in the location C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Nokia Suite/NOSSU2.

If anybody from Nokia is reading this, does this indicate what is actually wrong, or would you like the log files, or is this still being worked on – as a comment on another post said about exactly the same problem ?

Please use plain text.
Employee
mikkodss

roger, it can be Windows symbolic links are somehow mixed. You could check if you have this folder and copy the usergroups.cfg there: C:/Windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/Nokia/Nokia Suite/NOSSU2

BTW. nossu2.cfg is optional, not the cause of the problem here.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rogeroverin

Thanks mikkodss for the suggestion.   I have copied the usergroups.cfg file to the folder you mentioned, but the problem still occurs.   The “usergroups” and “access channels” errors have now disappeared from the logfile.   The entries about the nossu2.cfg file still appear.  The log file now refers to a missing flash algorithm path:-

14:19:56.279 [008492]        User groups file: C:/Windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/Nokia/Nokia Suite/NOSSU2/usergroups.cfg

14:19:56.279 [008492]        1 user group(s) read

14:19:56.305 [006096]        DM initialized. 1 access channels.

14:19:56.507 [006096]        Product API name : TSS Product API A

14:19:56.507 [006096]        Product API version : 2011.36.0.46699

14:19:56.507 [006096] ERROR  Exception 81030: Flash algorithm path was not found.

14:19:56.507 [006096]        Call stack:

14:19:56.507 [006096] ERROR  Device initialization failed

14:19:56.507 [006096] WARNG  Report was not sent due to error

14:19:56.507 [006536] ERROR  <<Error 80000 occured>>

14:19:56.508 [006536]        Waiting for main device thread to exit

14:19:56.508 [006096]        Deleting device and user interaction instances

14:19:56.511 [006536]        Main device thread exited

I’ll see what responses this brings.  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
concorde672

S O L V E D    :smileyhappy:

I have spent days working on this particularly today. This is what i did after several uninstalling of Nokia suite and drivers

1. Uninstall Nokia suite , Drivers, PC connectivity. Delete all nokia folders

2. Registry cleaning using CCleaner

3. Empty recycle bin and restart

4. I downloaded Nokia Software updater and runned it

5. After running it you are prompted to install Nokia Suite

6. I installed Nokia suite from the link

7.  Runned Nokia suite and on finishing installation Windows dedected a Windows update for Nokia N8-00

8. I made a shutdown with windows update installation before shutdown (Chose the windows installation icon for shutdown)

9. Started Nokia Suite and connected N8-00 through the cable. Drivers are installed. Close Nokia Suite

10 Opened  C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2 and C:\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2 and copied all the files in each folder  to make them identical

11  Copy the Nokia folder C:\Nokia and copy it in C:/Windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data

12 Run Nokia Suite, check the updateds and you will have the Update available

After 40 minutes I have Belle up and running on my N8

Hope this will work for you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rogeroverin

Thanks concorde672.  The only difference between what you have done and what I have previously done is the use of Nokia Software Updater.   When I try to get this Nokia's website directs me to use Nokia Suite.   There's no means of obtaining any specific Software Updater software.

Whereabouts in Nokia's website did you get the Nokia Software Updater software from please ?

Please use plain text.
Employee
mikkodss

Nokia Software Updater is an independent part of the Nokia Suite but it is based on exactly the same update engine. There is no need to install NSU separately and that is why the you will get directed to install Nokia Suite. NSU is removed from Nokia distribution and all users should take Nokia Suite where all the support is also focused.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rolfsnolf

mikkodss wrote:
Nokia Software Updater is an independent part of the Nokia Suite but it is based on exactly the same update engine. There is no need to install NSU separately and that is why the you will get directed to install Nokia Suite. NSU is removed from Nokia distribution and all users should take Nokia Suite where all the support is also focused.

though nsu gave less problems

Please use plain text.
nigma21

After hours of research, I found a solution to this problem. The problem is coused by a file access permission issue in Windows 7 and as a result Nokia Suite cannot access Nokia folder in "C:\ProgramData".

Here is what I did:

First, if you cannot find "ProgramData" folder, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View, there choose "show hidden files, folders and drives"

Then you can see Nokia folder in "C:\ProgramData". What I did was to take ownership of Nokia folder so that Nokia Suite could reach NOSSU2 folder and other things.

I used this script to take ownership (there may be other ways):

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

After these steps Nokia Suite did not give "something's gone wrong" error and currently it is being updated to Belle!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tipu81

Go to control panel then click ovi suit & repair it. Now open your ovisuit.I solved my problem by this way but not permanent solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Marangen73

concorde672 wrote:

S O L V E D    :smileyhappy:

I have spent days working on this particularly today. This is what i did after several uninstalling of Nokia suite and drivers

1. Uninstall Nokia suite , Drivers, PC connectivity. Delete all nokia folders

2. Registry cleaning using CCleaner

3. Empty recycle bin and restart

4. I downloaded Nokia Software updater and runned it

5. After running it you are prompted to install Nokia Suite

6. I installed Nokia suite from the link

7.  Runned Nokia suite and on finishing installation Windows dedected a Windows update for Nokia N8-00

8. I made a shutdown with windows update installation before shutdown (Chose the windows installation icon for shutdown)

9. Started Nokia Suite and connected N8-00 through the cable. Drivers are installed. Close Nokia Suite

10 Opened  C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2 and C:\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2 and copied all the files in each folder  to make them identical

11  Copy the Nokia folder C:\Nokia and copy it in C:/Windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data

12 Run Nokia Suite, check the updateds and you will have the Update available

After 40 minutes I have Belle up and running on my N8

Hope this will work for you :smileyhappy:

This worked, namely steps 10 and 11; those seem to be the key here. Nothing else I've tried for the last 3 months or so has worked but this did. Thanks!

And to the Nokia Suite developers: shame on you for not fixing this. It's not like there hasn't been plenty reports of this issue, and you've had months of time. Especially now that the Belle update is out there and doesn't work with the other tools (OTA or NSU) it means plenty of users are stuck and won't be able to update until they've solved this issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hjorturfh

[ Edited ]

Its still not working....

I know my friends are having the same problem....

Why does it take so long to update nokia suite? I have been getting the same error for months.

Moderator's note: Post edited because it contained information about software which can be used to modify Nokia device's software. Doing so will void the warranty of the device, and possibly damage it. Therefore it is not allowed to discuss about it on Discussions Forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rogeroverin

Thanks mikkodss.  So the remedy using the Nokia Software Updater software is unavailable. 

Thanks nigma21.  I’m running Vista Home Premium, but I carried out your suggestion but no change.

Thanks Marangen73.  I tried your suggestion but still no change.

When I have a few hours spare I’ll go through the whole process over again from scratch, removing all the software and reinstalling, complete with all the suggested remedies.

Mikkodss – this morning’s logfile still shows that the software is constantly looking for the “nossu2.cfg” file, 17 times during the process of checking once for software updates through Nokia Suite.

I still haven’t got beyond firmware version 022.014.

Nokia – is there any solution to this problem at all ?

Please use plain text.