Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Suite Update – “Something’s gone wrong” mess...

Advisor
hi007

Re: Nokia Suite Update – “Something’s gone wrong” message

Hello, I tried MICROSOFT FIX IT to detect the issue preventing the nokia suite installation.As there was no Ovi Suite to uninstall i tried uninstalling nokia cable drivers and PC connectivity solution. It displayed no issues to fix. I tried various registry cleaners like jv16 powertools, glary utilities, advanced system cleaner, ccleaner. Nothing could fix the error.

Like i said before i tried manually deleting the left over nokia files and registries. I could not clean some nokia registries locked in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SYSTEM even when i was logged in as an administrator in safe mode. Can somebody please help me install the latest Nokia  Suite on my PC running windows XP Home Edition 32 bit, SP3! 

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

@hi007

Could you uninstall Nokia suite from Windows -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
And then try to install the clean latest Nokia suite 3.3.86 version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

Let me know about updates please

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Tink3rb3ll203

Hello,

I have a Nokia C7 and am having the same frustrating "somethings gone wrong" message aswell when trying to update my phone software.

I have Windows Vista, Nokia Suite 3.3.86 is installed and it says software version 022.014 is installed on my phone.

Have tried uninstalling / reinstalling, fixing etc... but nothing helps.

My phone is having numerous problems and I thought an update would help. Thinking of getting rid of Nokia and going to HTC / Windows phones as so fed of these stupid little bugs.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
concorde672

:crying:    removed Suite cable driver and pc connectivity.  Rebooted and downloaded ver 3.3.86

still the same.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hi007

Dear Magovoru, I have tried uninstalling Ovi Suite through Add Remove programs like a dozen times. The Suite uninstalled the first time but the latest update which ran from inside the ovi suite just won't recognise my nokia phone every time i connect. I tried uninstalling that update version from my laptop. Then i ran Nokia PC Suite Cleaner 7.1 to remove Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers and PC Connectivity Solution. After successfully removing that I cross checked with add remove programs. Last time I ran the cleaner the OviMPlatform stayed with no option to remove in Add Remove Program. I had to run Microsoft Fix It to get rid of it.

The reason why I tried installing Ovi Suite version 3.1 (older version) was because Installing the new Nokia Suite 3.2  would stall towards the end and declare "SOMETHING'S GONE WRONG, THE OLDER VERSION OF NOKIA SUITE CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED. CONTACT YOUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP." I've literally gone through the process of installing the previous version which I had on my laptop running Windows XP home 32 bit SP3 which mysteriously won't install with messages ERROR 1612 , ERROR 1610. So now after the update I have lost the previous version of Ovi Suite and cannot install the latest version. I don't have the suite on my laptop hence I cannot connect it to my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.  I am attaching a screen grab of the SOMETHING'S GONE WRONG... every time i try installing the Nokia Suite version 3.2. Gosh.. it is so frustrating! Something has really gone wrong at Nokia with this update. So many people complaining of the latest Nokia Suite Update. Please help me if you can. Thanks! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

@hi007

Could you try clean installation of Nokia Suite? It is recomended to install latest released version 3.3.86.
- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite 3.3.86
- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hello,

Could you please provide us error report via http://tiny.cc/ja40z ?

Please provide us the logfiles follow instruction in 12b

We will start investigate this issue ASAP when we have got the logfiles from you.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hi007

[ Edited ]

Dear Magovoru, I've tried removing the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution through Add Remove Programs, ran CCleaner, Advanced System Cleaner, JV 16 powertools registry cleaner, Glary Utility to remove all junk leftover Nokia files and registries, reboot, and attach my phone to the laptop without installing the Nokia Suite downloaded on my laptop like you suggested. I let the Windows search for relevant Nokia Drivers after it detected my phone and popped a found new hardware wizard. I installed them all successfully. Reboot. I tried installing the latest Nokia Suite version 3.3.86 but it stalled towards the end as usual. Nothing works!  I have reported the error on the link you provided with an attachment file describing the sequence of events. Unfortunately, I could not send any crash dumps or error logs since I cannot install any version of Nokia Suite, previous or latest. What a mess… 

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Thank you djdewet, I have got your error report!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Thank you hi007 for the error report!

I have sent you email.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
petesabloke

Hi Magovoru
I am also getting continuous 'something's gone wrong' messages with v3.3.86 Nokia Suite (and previously with OVI suite before I removed it). I have a Nokia C2-01 and want to upload the latest software that it tells me is ready to install. All goes well until the last bit when it comes up with this dreaded message!
Please use plain text.
dlanyer27

hi...i tried to uninstall the nokia suite and installed it again from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite but the same error occured,,,with error code 12048 with ovi map update
Please use plain text.
dlanyer27

Hi ms marina...i followed your instructions but the same message shown on screen...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
concorde672

Can somebody from Nokia Inform us if we will be able to update to Belle if this problem is not solved?

Nokia N8-00 Product code 059D5C3 Type RM-596

Symbian Anna 022.014

Ovi Suite 3.3.86 

Windows operating system; Vista 32 bit

My only problem with Nokia Suite is when i look for the phone updates, otherwise it works fine.

I have tried to re-install suite several times as described before ( removing drivers and cleaning register etc)  to no avail.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hi007

Dear Marina, It did not work. I am running Window XP Home Edition 32 Bit SP3. I am running an updated version of Window Media player 11. I do not have Window XP Media Center edition. I installed those certificates successfully too. Rebooted. I still can't install Nokia Suite 3.3 or Ovi Suite 3.1.1.  I am sending you an attached report. Kindly go through. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
harleypeter64

I have updated to the latest version of Nokia suite, 3.3.86 and whenever I tried access phone software update for my Nokia N8 I keep getting the message, "something's gone wrong" and that I should uninstall and download the latest version. The latest version of Nokia Suite is indeed 3.3.86 which is what I have download and install. I am amaze that this is Nokia site (Nokia Connecting People) and the same people have been making it known for sometime now that there is a problem with the Nokia suite application but it does not seem like anyone from Nokia to be checking up on these discussions. Nokia Belle should out soon (I am assuming) and if this problem with the Nokia suite is not solved by then how are we going to update?? I guess we would have to use the Nokia Software Updater.
Nokia you need to start reach out to the people who are still loyal to you. Have a look again at the top of this page...Nokia Connecting People...are you really doing that???
Please use plain text.
Greebo14

Same here - "Something goes Wrong" messages with both C2-00 and 3720c. What`s going on?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Fingerstoo

Just bought the C2-01 and same problem as others here. The Nokia Suite was downloaded fresh (never had any Nokia phones or software on this new desktop PC before). Running Win 7 64bit but the Nokia installed correctly as a 32 bit application.

Gets stuck with that error message just as it is about to install the update.

Very frustrating. Have I bought the right phone?

Please use plain text.
djdewet

I have been able to find a workaround for my problem with 'Something's gone wrong'.  It seems that the Nokia Suite is looking for files in the wrong locations.  After I submitted my dumps to Nokia support they send me a couple of more mails asking for more logs and info.  It seems that the update files are supposed to live under 'c:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2\', but for some reason a lot of them get installed to 'c:\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2\'.  So what I did was to make these two location contain the same files.  (i.e.. Copy missing files in first location from second location, and copy missing files in second location from first location, so that the 2 folders looked the same.  Restarted Nokia Suite and everything worked correctly.  I have also send through these findings to the Marina from Nokia Support, and hopefully they can fix this in the next release.  I hope this solves the problem for most people.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rogeroverin

Update.    I was interested to read the post from djdewet which suggested a solution.  Unfortunately I did not have files installed to ‘C:Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2\’ but an advanced search did find some in ‘C:Windows\Profiles\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\NOSSU2\’ which by the date means they arose from the installation of Nokia Suite 3.3.49 Beta.    They made no difference to the problem.

I have now done a completely clean installation of the 4 required files:-

Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.34.0 (for my USB Cable CA-179)

Nokia Suite 3.3.86.0

PC Connectivity Solution 11.5.29.0

Windows Driver Package – Nokia 7.0.0.0

Windows shows as completely up to date – Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Nokia Suite works perfectly except when it checks for phone updates for my N8-00, which means I can’t update from firmware 022.014 to 025.007.  The phone tells me it’s there, but the only way of updating is via Nokia Suite which won’t let me.  Phone details are almost the same as those for concorde672:-

Nokia N8-00 Product code 059C9F6 Type RM-596

Symbian Anna 022.014

Nokia Suite 3.3.86

Windows operating system: Vista 32-bit

I still have the “Something’s gone wrong” message and no possibility of updating the phone.    Nokia – a solution please.

Please use plain text.