Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Suite and proxy settings

oz42

Nokia Suite and proxy settings

Hi,

the suite has a big bug. Instead of using any Windows network connection, it defines its own proxy settings which is obviously nonsense. I entered the correct proxy credentials, it still fails to connect to the internet. If it would rely on Windows' own mechanisms, it could like just any other program.

Conclusion: Nokia suite is unusable in a business environemt.

Olaf

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Re: Nokia Suite and proxy settings

Hi oz42,

Thank you for your feedback.

The proxy network problem was fixed in Nokia Suite 3.3.86 release.

Could you please check your Internet explorer proxy settings? If you are able to browse using Internet explorer using those proxy settings, then you must also be able to login using Nokia Suite and use the online features that Nokia Suite offers.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Originaltroi

Using Nokia Suite 3.3.89. No proxy needed in IE (Browsing to Ovi store works fine)

but when downloading stuff th error occurs. Can you please confirm if there are proxy details in ini/xml files of Nokia Suite ?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aigclassified

pls, can one get sw updates from nokia suite cause i dnt know much about the stuff
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

NO it not works. I have installed 3.3.89 now still the same issue. In Nokia store browser i'm able to login, but nokia suite doesn't. I tried all the ways restarting my PC, reinstalling, proxy username and pwd but nothing works.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DataFarmer

Same problem here!

We have a company proxy server which does require authentication and is completely and correctly configured in the Windows / IE settings. According to our IT the username / password are automatically set by Windows when establishing an internet connection. However, even if I manually insert the username (including domain, i.e. in the format "Domain\User") and password in Nokia Suite 3.5.34 Nokia Suite still claims that I am offline.

This is not the case and Nokia Suite is the only application I have installed that is not able to access the internet!!!

Could you please fix this!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NageshPokle

In my campus where i live our network needs a proxy so the 1st problem was to download Nokia Suite. even i was not able to download it from its official site. Kindly look into this.

Now when i got it and installed i cannot find a button of settings as it is in rest of the s/w's. there is a button called Tools but its value is 0. Due to this iam not able to log into my account and furture proceed.

I have attached a screen shot of PC Suite window showing View, Sync and Tools buttons have a value 0.

Kindly look into this matter.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jamesbloke

Nokia Suite: 3.6.36

I use Nokia Suite on my company laptop.
Our office uses a proxy server to access the internet, however, if I "dial in" when out of the office I connect to the internet directly.

Here is my dilemma. If I do not set the Proxy username & password I can only use Nokia Suite to get updates etc whilst out of the office; however, if I do enter the proxy settings, not only can I not connect when I am out of the office, but when my password is up for renewal, I have to remember to change my password in Nokia Suite or get my account locked.

So, I am either forever changing internet settings or getting locked out. This is the only program I have encountered that does this. It is sort of the opposite of "just works."

I was also impressed to see my username & password stored in the registry in plain text under the nsu3uiproxy key. Well done.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajld

When an automatic proxy configuration script is specified in Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings and the url starts with file://,

looks like Nokia suite just ignores the proxy config script and attempts to connect to the Internet directly.

Of couse this fails.

(Other programs such as IE and Firefox interpret file:// correctly and use the proxy server specified by the script).

What is goign wrong?

I am using Nokia Suite 3.7.22.

Please use plain text.
botsteel

I am having same problem.

My campus is having a proxy server.

I have entered the username password but it is not picking up the server address.

Getting error while trying to update my device version currentlly i am using C6-00 eith software version  41.0.010.

how do I update it.

please help

Attaching the error.

Please use plain text.
botsteel

I am using nokia suite 3.7.22
Please use plain text.