Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite does not connect

Contributor
snarfu

Nokia Suite does not connect

-Nokia Suite 3.3.86 worked fine (maps/cell software update) but could not connect to the suite software update server

-firewalls deactivated, antivir deactivated, certificates deleted etc. to no avail

-Nokia Suite 3.3.86 deleted, registry purged,  Nokia Suite 3.3.86 reinstalled

-Nothing connects now, not even login by username possible

-Nokia Suite 3.3.86 deleted, registry purged,  Nokia Suite 3.3.90 (BETA) reinstalled  

-Nothing connects 

So far I have spend 4h trying to fix the problem and I absolutly need to have this working again by monday, Please help

Thank you  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pavneetarora

I am having the same problem with 3.3.90. Quite frustrating!
Please use plain text.
Lox333

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Nokia Suite 3.3.xx worked fine until I downloaded and installed 3.3.90 last night. Since then I get the following error when I try and get Suite to login to my Nokia account:

Could not sign in.

There was a problem with connecting to your Nokia account. Make sure the internet connection is working properly, and try again.

I can use my Nokia account for everything else (Betalabs, this Forum) on the same PC and the account verifies fine on my phone through the same broadband connection. It's just not connecting through this new version of Suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
snarfu

I reinstalled Nokia Suite 3.3.86 AND I skipped the login into the nokia account (had to because it said that it had no net connection) and now nost parts of the Suite are working again. (And it seems like I'm loged in)
BUT! Nokia Suite 3.3.86 Software Update for the Suite-Software itself is still not working. Says it can not connect to the nokia suite udateservice while the software update for the phones software just below is working fine as well as the map updater.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaketoox

Same here, can not login....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The problem is with Nokia Suite 3.3.90 (Beta) and the issue has been already reported by a no. of users at the Beta Labs...In the mean time..you may un-install the Beta version and re-install v 3.3.86 which doesn't have such issue....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
snarfu

farby wrote:

The problem is with Nokia Suite 3.3.90 (Beta) and the issue has been already reported by a no. of users at the Beta Labs...In the mean time..you may un-install the Beta version and re-install v 3.3.86 which doesn't have such issue....

I already did that (as I wrote in my last post) and the problem with the suite-update connectivity persists on my WinXP Pc.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry.. My last post was in reference to the post by jaketoox ...

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi.

Could you try toinstall the new version of Nokia Suite beta 3.3.92.

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta/download_and_installation

Login problem has been fixed.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
snarfu

I'm snarfu.

When I try to log into the forum it says : "Your accoun is locked."

Anyway, thanks for your reply. I did as you told me and  installed the new version of Nokia Suite beta 3.3.92.

Same problem. I added a screenshot to illustrate the problem. The lower update "N8" works fine, what does not work is the upper one, the nokia suite software update. It says "no connection to the service". 

Thank you 

Please use plain text.
proteus124

i also can't connect using either 89 or 92
Please use plain text.
Contributor
snarfu

This Problem is still not solved. 

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi,

Could you please submit the error report using the link http://tiny.cc/ja40z  . Please see the instructions for collecting the log files in this error reporting form.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.

my ovi suite cannot luanch its stuck on the loading screen.its a n 8 nokia south africa vesion
Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi dblc1 ,

It may be the case that your Nokia suite is not responding due to crash.

Could you please submit the error report using the link http://tiny.cc/ja40z  . Please see the instructions for getting the dump file and attach that dump file in this error reporting form.

If the dump file size is too big, then you can upload the file to any free file hosting server and then mention that link in the error report.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fpes

Wiht nokia suite, i upload the maps, but not conect ovi store, etc, say i don't have internet conection. And sincronize the maps.... Nokia solve it please
Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi fpes,

Thank you for your feedback!

Please check if you able to sign-in to Nokia Account using Intenet Explorer while you are conntected to internet?

If not, then please check the internet settings there.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
rash335

Nokia Suite does not connect

halo......

i have installed nokia ovi suite web installer version..3.4.49 and i connected my nokia c5-00 mobile in phone suite mode. all are working except the damn ovi store. while i am trying to download a theme from the ovi store ( on the browser of PC) it is directing to the ovi store on the OVI SUITE and is trying to connect to store. later it is showing message that it " couldn't connect to the server" . Iam unable to know what exactly was the reason. anyone help me plzzzzzzzzz...............

the series of snapshots are attached along with this mail. plz help me

Please use plain text.
Favo_RJ

Same problem here with versions 3.4.49 and older 3.1.1.90.

Problem could be related with the "Certificate Error" message at https://account.nokia.com/ ?

Their certificate has expired on 06/29/2012.

Nokia E7-00

Windows 7 Home Premium w/ IE8 (default browser)

Please use plain text.
Favo_RJ

Problem solved.

Solution:

My antivirus was configured to scan SSL protocol but it's root certificate has expired.

In my case just an AV update solved. If it is not possible for you, you can possibly put  https://account.nokia.com/ in something like an "exclusion list" in your AV or FW.

Please use plain text.