Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite on Windows 8 and Office 2013

Pedro_Mestre

Nokia Suite on Windows 8 and Office 2013

[ Edited ]

I just installed Windows 8 and Office 2013!

The Nokia Suite also installed smoothly, and my E7-00 synchronized seamlessly.

However, apparently, and unlike what happened with Outlook 2010, contacts, calendar and notes are not synchronized, since they don't appear in Outlook.

When in Options menu, I can´t also choose the default folder in Outlook, as before ...

Is this App compatible? Any solutions?

Will Nokia realease "Metro" App of Nokia Suite for Windows 8?
Users of the Asha series and Symbian^3 are looking for it!

Pedro

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Pedro_Mestre

You might like to look at this thread:http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta/suggestion/will-nokia-suite-support-outlook-2013#c...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, please update to Nokia Suite 3.7.22. It supports Windows 8 and Office 2013. You can download it from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stephenconnell

I have just purchased a Lumia 920 and like it very much but syncing it with Outlook Calnedar is a nightmare.  Nokia Suite v. 3.7.22 doesn't recognise the phone and the alternative is to set up a Hotmail account:, add the hotmail account to Outlook, and then rely on the Hotmail website to collect the information from Outlook;, with the final step being to sync the phone with the hotmail account.  The first problem with this lengthy and clumsy workaround it that it doesn't work: my Hotmail account doesn't sync with Outlook, eveb after lengthy telephone conversations with Nokia first line and then second line support. The second issue is that Nokia is withdrawing functionality that was previously available on Nokia Suite: the ability to configure the sychronisation, and to choose between automatic or ad hoc synchronisation. How does it expect to recapture ground lost to Apple and Android if it releases an important new product without, in parallel, offering an simple, idiot proof method of synchronisation, with a sensible number of options?

As an aside, first line and second line support at Nokia can not use Logmein or something similar to sort out problems on customer devices and computers: everyone else in the IT world can do this, why not Nokia?

Stephen Connell

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

[ Edited ]

I would suggest you do a search on the subject as this is well documented and discussed. From experience I would say you are missing something or doing something incorrectly for this to not work as I have never had any issues setting this up between Outlook 2003 or later on any  Lumia.

You might want to start here.

What is probably going wrong is that you are not setting up Outlook correctly;

Contacts will sync from the contacts list for your Hotmail account, not from the existing main account. You must copy any contacts you wish to sync to the Hotmail contact list.

Calendars will only sync from the calendars linked to the Hotmail account. You need to copy your previously used calendar to your hotmail account and use THAT calendar and not the original one.

Unless you truly need to use Outlook I would suggest using Windows Mail which is much more stgraight forward, will import from Outlook and as soon as you log in with your hotmail account will have a constant sync.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
stephenconnell

I have discovered that the sychronisation does work but with delay of several hours, even though I have set sync to occur every 30 minutes.

However, Paulheu does not address the question of why this cumbersome process, involving the creation of an unwanted Hotmail account, has replaced the more convenient and more flexible option of a Nokia Suite upgrade. Many customers like me will want to sync contacts, photos, calendars, etc with their computer rather than the cloud.  Windows Explorer provides an alternative but without the Nokia Suite functionality.

The suggestion of Windows Mail rather than Outlook is unhelpful: the former doesn not have all the required functionality.

Please use plain text.