Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia suite 3.6.36 : can't install apps on n8 ...

Advisor
Lakshya

Nokia suite 3.6.36 : can't install apps on n8 !

I am using N8 & nokia suite 3.6.36.

when i try to install apps via nokia suite......my phone displays preparing installation then suddenly show

"download error" ...after that installation stopped :smileysad:

i was unable to install apps!
 Nokia Battery Monitor 3.1, FastTube, Nokia Sleeping Screen & so on.

pls reply... tell me how to fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Nokia suite 3.6.36 : can't install apps on n8 !

Just checking, have you signed into Nokia account with your Nokia Suite? Does your Nokia Suite show near top right corner, that you're signed in?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lakshya

Yes, i have signed into nokia account & some apps installed perfectly via nokia suite !

Problem with some apps like Nokia Battery Monitor 3.1, FastTube, Nokia Sleeping Screen & so on

Please use plain text.
Employee
juha_n

Hi,

Some apps require that you have valid data connection in your phone in order for them to be installed. Could this be the problem? Also it is good idea to start only one install at a time from Nokia Suite because some devices cannot handle many installs at the same time very well.

br,

Juha

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kyl_phoenix

I have the same problem turned the data connection on and as stated the installation progressed. Then came up cancelling installation and told me to press an icon to continue the installation which has involved downloading content to my phone through my service provider.

Isn't the whole point of downloading apps through the computer not to need a data connection??

Please use plain text.