Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia suite 3.8.30 upgrade does not recognise ...

Contributor
NEOelder
Accepted Solution

Nokia suite 3.8.30 upgrade does not recognise my Nokia N8-00 using USB or Bluetooth.

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Two days ago I've been asked by the Nokia Suite to update. And so I did it. The version of the Nokia Suite is now 3.8.30.

The problem is that my Nokia N8-00 as now disapeared from the Nokia Suite. When I select "Add new phone" nothing happens when I connect the phone to the computer using USB or Bluetooth. It still appears a ballon saying that I have a new message if the message arrives while the phone is connected.

I've unninstalled "Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver" and Nokia Suite, restarted the PC and then reinstall it. I've also deleted the phone from Devices and Printers. All the drivers install correctely when I connected it again.

I've checked in the phone >Settings>Connectivity>USB and the default is Nokia Suite.

But the problem remains. No visible phone!!!

Can you fix this?

Regards

Helder

XXXXXXX@gmail.com

00XXX XXXXXXXXX

Moderator's Note: This post was edited and the personal information were edited out. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: Nokia suite 3.8.30 upgrade does not recognise my Nokia N8-00 using USB or Bluetooth.

If you are using a desktop, use one of the ports at the back.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEOelder

Re: Nokia suite 3.8.30 upgrade does not recognise my Nokia N8-00 using USB or Bluetooth.

I'm using a Desktop with Windows 7 64-bit.

Sorry, I forgot to add that.

I also tried using the ports in the back but the result was still the same.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Uninstall Nokia Suite and clean install 3.8
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEOelder

I've done that. As I stated in my post!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Did you delete all the folders associated with Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NEOelder

Problem solved!

I've uninstalled everything again and reinstalled it after deleting the folders as you suggested.

But while I was uninstalling I noticed that before I haven't uninstalled the PC Connectivity Solution. Only the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and the Nokia Suite. This time I've uninstalled all 3.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.