Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia suite does not recognize my Internet con...

Contributor
Kamesh_Infy

Nokia suite does not recognize my Internet connection, Plz help

My Nokia Suite doesn't recognize the Internet Connection available with my desktop.  Though I'm able to access the internet, my suite says "No Internet Connection Available". Any pointers to resolve this?? Plz help

I use Nokia Suite 3.3.86

~Cheers,

Kamesh

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia suite does not recognize my Internet connection, Plz help

Disable any Firewalls / Anti-virus on PC and check again.. Is this happening all the time ? and what was the scene with earlier version of Nokia Suite ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mool2020

i have the same problem
any one help us plz
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LalaLoopsy

Having exactly same problem. Suite works OK, when I reboot my computer, but after it goes in sleep-mode, Suite stops recognizing Internet connection...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kamesh_Infy

This is the first time, I'm using Nokia Suite.  The problem persists even if I disable the AV and firewall settings.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re-install the suite and check.. Is the internet connection Broadband or Dial-up ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LalaLoopsy

[ Edited ]

^ Re-installed, no help. Having a broadband. No matter if I'm surfing around or Suite being the only program that's on, Suite works only right after computer's reboot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kamesh_Infy

Re installed the suite... same again :smileysad:. I'm using Broadband
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi all, do you have some specific proxy settings use in Internet Explorer or elsewhere?

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am personally fed up with nokia and their useless software...yet again they have issued a download that is causing their loyal customer problems...the latest Nokia Suite is stopping me from connecting to the internet and I have tried various things to resolve the issue. I had no problems with the old Nokia Suite so instead of blaming customers firewalls and internet security they should check the software works before they release it. This is about getting Belle out so they can get more customers than considering the customers they have already got. 

Please use plain text.
sharathkumar221

even i have got the same problrm can any one help me

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LalaLoopsy

Samuli,

no, I'm not having any specific proxy settings, Firefox is detecting proxy settings automaticly.

This problems keeps bugging me, Suite's internet connections stops working every time

a) I'm re-connecting my phone to Suite

b) laptop goes into sleep-mode

c) I close Suite and start it again.

To get Suite's internet connection working, I have to reboot my laptop. To be clear, I'm NOT having problems connecting my phone to Suite, that's working ok all the time.

Please use plain text.
fabricorse

Hi All!, enabling log feature i can find this in the log: "isLanAvailable(): LAN is not available."

log file content:

[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 121, .\Application\HomeNotification\SUNotificationHandler.cpp, CSUNotificationHandler::refresh(): Begin
[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 102, .\Application\Controllers\Helpers\SUConnectivityInfo.cpp, CSUConnectivityInfo::isLanAvailable(): Begin
[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 132, .\Application\Controllers\Helpers\SUConnectivityInfo.cpp, CSUConnectivityInfo::isLanAvailable(): LAN is not available
[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 102, .\Application\Controllers\Helpers\SUConnectivityInfo.cpp, CSUConnectivityInfo::isLanAvailable(): End
[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 240, .\Application\Controllers\Helpers\SUConnectivityInfo.cpp, CSUConnectivityInfo::isModemConnectionAvailable(): Begin
[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 267, .\Application\Controllers\Helpers\SUConnectivityInfo.cpp, CSUConnectivityInfo::isModemConnectionAvailable(): Modem connection through CTI-plugin is not available
[11:44:36:301] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 240, .\Application\Controllers\Helpers\SUConnectivityInfo.cpp, CSUConnectivityInfo::isModemConnectionAvailable(): End
[11:44:36:311] SoftwareUpdater Info, Thread [GUI], Line 121, .\Application\HomeNotification\SUNotificationHandler.cpp, CSUNotificationHandler::refresh(): End

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi.

-  Just set your date correctly  at the lower right of your screen. After you set it correctly try to login in nokia suite.

because GTE certificate are sensitive in dates just set the date and year properly 

- do you have some firewall software running? Does your firewall software allow Nokia Suite connecting to internet?

- Are you sure you have a right proxy server for your network? Can you browse

the internet using Internet Explorer?

- Did you change networks in any way before this occurred? Network disconnected and then connected for example?

- Does computer reboot help?

Hope it help!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vanisripad

I have the same problem, it is irritating me

Please use plain text.
Advisor
markdavies33

Just connected my N8 to Nokia suite to download the latest firmware and getting the same problem. iNternet is working fine - I'm posting this !!

But Nokia Suite says it isn't connected. Getting a bit tired of having to re-install it constantly.

Anyone think Windows Phone will give Nokia a kick up the backside for their support software? Or is that being managed by Accenture ? Gulp...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crazyvinci

saylinen wrote:

Hi all, do you have some specific proxy settings use in Internet Explorer or elsewhere?

Cheers, Samuli

i actually have a specific proxy settings, as i'm using my university wifi..... i tried to see the options in nokia suite, but there's nothing except 'connect phone and use phone as modem'

any help?? :/ 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maxwild

I am having exactly the same problem. I think it has started following my upgrade of my phone to Belle although not sure how that might be relevant.

Please will Nokia tell us what to do - no speculation just a fix.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi,

This problem can be also because of expired certificates that you have on your computer.

To remove the problematic certificates, do the following:

On your computer, open Control Panel and click Internet Options.
In the Internet Properties window, select the Content tab, and click Certificates.

In the Certificates window, select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
To sort the certificates, click the Expiration Date column header.

Select any GTE CyberTrust certificates that have their expiration date in the past. You should be left with one GTE CyberTrust certificate that is valid.

Click Remove and, when asked for confirmation, click Yes.

After the expired certificates have been removed, please restart Nokia Suite and try signing into your Nokia account again.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I have the same problem albeit intermittently, checked the certificates & GTE CyberTrust certificate isn't out of date.

Seems using the phone as a modem then disconnecting allows Nokia suite to see the internet connection again.

Btw I have broadband.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.