Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia suite does not recognize my Internet con...

villek73

Re: Nokia suite does not recognize my Internet connection, Plz help

Ei toimi. Does not work!

There is a internet connection in my computer.

All the other softwares work fine, internet is connected, but Nokia suite does not find internet connection!!

Please Nokia Suite team, do something for this.

It's not a good answer, to ask people starting to change their settings in the computer, if everything else works perfectly. Nokia, you need make your software to be compatible with your customer's computers!

Regards, Ville from Finland (using Nokia phone E7, N8, etc.)

Please use plain text.

Although the GTE CyberTrust certificates could be the problem for some users...from what I have read on other forums it appears to be happening on computers with Nvidia hardware.

Please use plain text.
villek73

OK, It works now.

I downloaded the latest version of Nokia Suite (3.3.86).

Maybe my version was too old (I did not check which version I had before download).

The I restarted my computer.

Now the Nokia suite finds the internet connection via the computer (not via the phone).

And BTW, there was no old GTE Cyubertrust certificate in my computer. Only one which expires 2018.

So, now I am happy again with my E7 and wife's N8!!

Well, not 100% happy:

I would like to get a smaller clock. Belle's clock is way too big!!

And also I would like to be able to get shortcuts to any internet page on my phone desktop.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Nope as I have that version but still on occasion get the connection error.

As for the clock I use the analogue version which allows me to have 2 shortcuts at the side of it.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sixmabone3

Ok, i have the same problem. I'm using my university network (LAN), which requires authentication details (Username and Password) for me to access the internet and I have no problem accessing the internet with IE or Firefox nor any other programme. As for Nokia Suite 3.3.86, which i am using, I struggle. Why on earth doesn't it just ask for authentication details?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
piratejr

hi all..hope this method will help(LAN only)
1st..close nokia suite prog. then go to control panel>internet option>connections, then select LAN setting.
tick automatically detect setting..then click ok..then open nokia suite..DONE!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markdavies33

Nope that doesn't work either.

I've uninstalled Nokia Suite and the connectivity cable driver and then downloaded 3.3.89. Still no joy.

Tried the LAN settings change and no change there either.

Very poor.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tusong

Hi,

I also got this message today when I decided to start preload some maps to my C7 (with Belle). First I made all updates since it's been a while since I last connected phone to PC.

So when I opened the maps tab Suite started to load and load and finally gave me a Firefox crash report notification. This seems odd since I don't even use Firefox for anything and it's not my default browser. Then Suite gave me message that it couldn't connect to internet.

Solution: Downloaded Suite installation file from nokia.com, open file and fix installation. Now I don't know if this already fixed it but while Suite was downloading map information I opened Firefox and immediately when FF opened the list of maps opened to Suite.

Cheers Tusong

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohankvs

I just temporarily changed the firewall stats to the NOKIA Suite program to FULL access and it worked for me. I have installed nokia suite 3.3.89 and my E5 phone software updated to version 091.001

Please use plain text.
rhexann

Adding nokia suite to the firewall settings exceptions worked for me. Maybe this may work for others too.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dennydante

this worked for me done the certificates didn't work but the LAN settings seemed to have solve it for me.
cheers piratejr
Please use plain text.
bonniepinto

[ Edited ]

Hi.....I am also facing same issue and Nokia suite give error message that "Could not sign in"

I have checked below my GTA CyberTrust certificate is update.

In internet setting LAN setting is given as "Automatically detect" . I have to change this in anyway to solve the problem....?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Verasak

I seem to be able to solve the problem by: 1. Disable firewall 2. In Nokia suit top menu, go to tool and then internet connection. 3. Click manually set up and next. 4. In the connection name, put the connection name. You can see your connection name by click the network icon on lower right of your screen(Windows). There will be list. In my case it is "Wireless Network Connection 8". Leave other field blank. Then next and finnish. 5. Enable firewall. From this point Nokia suit is OK. I have not try yet weather the disable and enable firewall step necessary or not. I guest not. You can try. It seem that the problem is because the internet connection name was changed. In my case, the old usb-wireless seem not good so I change it causing connection name change and result in Nokia Suit don't know the new connection. Conclusion: make sure your active connection and the one Nokia suit know is the same. Hope this help Vee
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ropata

Thanks Doc it worked !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Danardana

I also have the problem when I connect my laptop to LAN and get the internet access from there.

When I plug out the LAN cable and connect to the internet directly from my Nokia, it works well. I assume Nokia Suite only accept the internet connection from NOKIA modem only.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sohail_the_king

if u want to make yourself happy, try to use any anti-censorship like ultrasurf or freegate. if it still doesn't work, try to setup the proxy with the anti-censorship ip for example ' 127.0.0.1; port:9666.

waiting for your reply!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chris867

I checked for expired GTE certificates and I did not have any. I just have one which expires in 2018 but I still have the no internet connection by Nokia Suite after my laptop comes out of hibernation. Can Marina offer another solurtion to this problem please?

Please use plain text.