Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: OVI Suite 2.2.0.245 problem recognizing Nokia ...

Advisor
Dissapointeddd

Re: OVI Suite 2.2.0.245 problem recognizing Nokia device

After a couple hours (it takes that long to reinstall) it only kind of works. Displays wrong phone info (software version). And it still is a pain.

Shouldn't the program start when i connevt the phone?

Shouldn't it actually find the phone, without me going every time to connect new device, then it's an old device?...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dissapointeddd

[ Edited ]

Update: it still sucks. I connect the phone in a correct way, I NEED to back up my phone, but I can't. It says to connect in pc suite mode when it is connected in that way. I hate this phone... Sincerely.

I don't plan to reinstall the program every time. And if this doesn't change I will through my phone into the wall (I really wish I could do that).

I need to back up my phone now and I can't.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dissapointeddd

Edit post function should work longer. Any ideas how to back up my device (nokia 5800)? I tried bluetooth but not very succesful. With cable it says its the wrong connection, with bluetooth the connection is ok, but failed to back up. It kinda messes with your head then it says "back up may take a few minutes" and you know it is at least an hour. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I don't have time to wait for hours at my PC to simple copy my device.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dissapointeddd

It took an hour to fail to back up through bluetooth. To fail! Connection lost. I am desperate. And even going a little crazy.

I hate my phone and ovi suite now

Please use plain text.
Sage
Diwa

Hi Dissapointeddd,

If you have issues connecting your device and OVi Suite, please go thru' my post in the following link

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/Can-t-connect-to-Nokia-Ovi-Suite-on-Nokia-6700/m-p/757938#M5623

It might solve your issue.

If you have any other issue, be specific about your issue and Please provide your Mobile details (*#0000#) and your PC details.
Go to OVI suite -> help -> About nokia OVI suite -> System information. Paste the information...

Regards,
Diwa

If you like my post, kindly acknowlege the same by giving a kudos to me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

hi Dissapointeddd
I am not sure whether this will solve your problrm but you could try this once.

1. Disconnect your phone from PC if connected.
2 .Open Control Panel and go to ‘Programs and Features’
3. From the list of available programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
4. Click on the ‘Change’ button on top toolbar.
5. In the setup dialog box that pops up next, choose ‘Repair’ and select ok. Wait for setup to complete.
6. Restart the computer if prompted.
7. Now connect your phone to the PC. Driver installation should complete and PC/Ovi suite (hopefully) should detect your mobile properly now.
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xM5130x

i have a 5130 and my system runs on windows xp..im experiencing the same problem..the same solution's on many other forums..its also suggested for my specifications..but no use. i've tried updating and almost everything but in vain. would be greatful if someone could help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

have you tried this?
2 .Open Control Panel and go to ‘Programs and Features’ for windows 7 for XP it is "add/ remove program"
3. From the list of available programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
5. In the setup dialog box that pops up next, choose ‘Repair’ and select ok. Wait for setup to complete.
7. Now connect your phone to the PC. Driver installation should complete and PC/Ovi suite (hopefully) should detect your mobile properly now.
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zmajel

this works thanks

Please use plain text.
rmarriott30

I have exactly the same problem with my brand new Nokia 6303i. I have tried all the remedies listed in this discussion, but to no avail.

What a pile of absolute junk! I am ddisgusted with Nokia - I have better things to do with my life than trying to get a **bleep** mobile phone working seemlessly with Nokia'a own management suite. I am running Windows 7, I have downloaded the latest OVI software from Nokia and I have tried all thee remedies suggested here.

NOKIA - You have to fix this junk software - it is very bad for your reputation! It should work hassle free out of the box!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

I am not sure whether this will solve your problrm but you could try this once.

2 .Open Control Panel and go to ‘Programs and Features’

Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rofr78

Thanks. Best regards from Romania....

Please use plain text.
mh15ah1136

hi

after reinstalling nokiya cable driver & reinstalling n8-00 softwear(*#7370#) the problem is still there. after reinstalling cable driver pc detects my mobile but fails to instal it properly or with errors.

kindly help. tks

Please use plain text.
sallyB100

Hope you can help.

My phone had the same probs after i downloaded nokia software updater today.

Now Nokia PC suite cannot trace my phone to download photos or files and Ovi suite cannot connect either.

My PC recognises my phone as it is in the portable devices section on my computer but when i try to open the phone brower on my PC is says there are no files on the phone. I have checked my phone and all files and photos are still on my phone.

I also get an error message on my phone. see below.

I tried your suggestion of repairing the connectivity cable driver on my pc but i still get the error message on my phone:-

App.closed: NSmlJobThread_6f8 e6co

Any ideas? Many Thanks if u can help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tichols

THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rhondda76

Thanks for this advice and i have tried it and the photos still wont sync, comes back with an error message 8393f015, any ideas what this means? i have even purchased a new usb cable thinking it was a cable problem.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GadgetFreak

Hey Rhondda76,

Looks like ur ovisuite is pretty old.. y cant u try latest one... i got 3.1.0.86 from http://www.comms.ovi.com/m/p/ovi/suite/index_en_uk.html

Give it a try....

Regards

Like my post? Give me a Kudos...... Ur problem solved? Accept my Solution :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jampit

To solve the problem you suggested looking for 'Nokia Cable Driver', as I don't have it yet, where (exactly) can I get it? I have been having difficulty finding my way around  the 'support/ download software' route.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
d4diaz

unable to detect my nokia n8 in nokia suite for updating to asha

my system information :

Nokia Suite 3.4.40

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0

PC Connectivity Solution 12.0.17.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.78.0

Nokia nPlatform 3.4.40.0

Desktop Sync Engine 1.8.148.695

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Edition
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
- Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (Default browser)
- Opera 11.60.1185.0
- Google Chrome 18.0.1025.168

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385)
- Toshiba (Version: 7.0.9630, Build: 8), Active, In use

Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385
- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 6.1.7600.16385
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
d4diaz

my nokia n8 not detecting

Nokia Suite3.4.40

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0

PC Connectivity Solution 12.0.17.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.78.0

Nokia nPlatform 3.4.40.0

Desktop Sync Engine 1.8.148.695

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Edition
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
- Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (Default browser)
- Opera 11.60.1185.0
- Google Chrome 18.0.1025.168

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385)
- Toshiba (Version: 7.0.9630, Build: 8), Active, In use

Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385
- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 6.1.7600.16385

Please use plain text.