Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motoro...

Sage
seppuku

Re: OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

This is a well-known trick for BT problems, especially with earlier Windows versions, but unfortunately it does not work for my Dell Mini 1018. The BT connection works for data xfer via Windows functions but not for Ovi.
Since 1610
Please use plain text.
ardvaark

Re: OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

I GOT IT WORKING!!!   Tried anything and everything I read here and on HP's site to get the Ralink Motorola BC4 bluetooth 3.0+HS adaptor to recognize my nokia 6700 slide.  I have a relatively new HP dv7t-4100 laptop.  Downloaded free software from broadcom and toshiba and I can't remember who else.  Tried all the tricks regarding computer and device settings that worked for others.  Nothing.  I finally, as a last resort, removed everything I had installed, and uninstalled the Ralink driver (using device manager)  as I had done so many times before.  Then I downloaded BlueSoleil 8.0.370.0 trial version, and for the first time, my laptop saw my nokia on bluetooth.  So I paid the 19.99 euros (whatever that is) and bought it.  Best decision I ever made Ovi started seeing my Nokia.  Every once in a while, if Ovi suite doesn't see my phone, I may have to reboot. But it works 99% of the time!  HERE'S THE KICKER:  Next, I bought a HP Bluetooth Laser Mobile Mouse.  It didn't say on the outside of package "for vista and xp only".  When I opened it up, that's what I read.  I installed the driver anyway.  Not only did it not work, it wiped out the Bluesoleil connection I had with my Nokia.  Guess what I did next?  I removed that stinking HP bluetooth software from my HP laptop (and it did not go willingly.  I would reboot and find it was still there.  I had to wipe it from device mgr. and use control panel to remove it, also find the location where the installer was hiding and wipe that out too.)  Then I started from scratch re-installing BlueSoleil.  AND NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED??  YES, MY NOKIA TALKS TO OVI SUITE VIA BLUETOOTH....... AND MY HP BLUETOOTH MOUSE THAT IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH VISTA AND XP....... IS WORKING WITH WINDOWS 7!  THAT'S RIGHT!  I had to reboot  for bluesoliel to see the mouse.  Then it saw it, but wouldn't connect.  Rebooted 1 more time, and it works beautifully.  For me, BlueSoleil has been the answer to my problems.   As far as compatibility is concerned, for what it's worth, I blame Motorola, and HP for buying Motorola's software.  It is the dual processor computer that should be able to jump through hoops, not the cell phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Deym

[ Edited ]

I was hoping a nokia suite version that is compatible with the ralink bluetooth. I am hoping to hear from Nokia tech support whether they will release a new version of Nokia Suite that is compatible with ralink bluetooth stack.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ptyakh

Hi, NOKIA. Your employee instead of solution for a bunch of very angry NOKIA owners gives just "your devices are incompatible with our soft" answer. It is kind of trolling. Please give this theme a push - is any solution for notebook owners with Motorola Bluetooth to use Bluetooth connection with Nokia Suite?

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

From http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite/compatibility-and-download:

Supported Bluetooth software

• Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit editions:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 6.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver versions 5.10.12, 6.10.10, and 6.30.01
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver versions 5.0.5, 6.2.227.11, and 6.4.245.0
  • Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit editions:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 6.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.10.12
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.0.5
  • Windows XP 32-bit edition:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth (comes with Service Pack 2 or newer)
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 1.4.2.18, 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver versions 4.0, 5.0, and 5.10.12
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver versions 2.x, 3.x, and 5.0.5
Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
memosaldivar

[ Edited ]

Hi

after months and many attemps by doing everything i could find, i could never link my nokia to ovi suite via bluetooth.

but

i just got my cell phone to work with nokia suite.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is EXACTLY what i did, i was just reinstalling my windows 7 and i was surprised to see it finally working. i am describing what steps i did so i have NO IDEA what was the reason, but its working for me now.

i reinstalled windows 7 on my compaq with the Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter 

32 bits windows 7

installed in this order:

1.- hp essentials software updates

2.- hp software framework

3.- memory card driver

4.- audio driver

5.- W7 SP1

6.- hp quick launch

7.- touchpad driver

8.- video driver

9.- all the windows updates except hardware ones and before the .net version 4. IE 9 too.

10.- using ninite i installed: chrome, quicktime, flash, java, thunderbird, k-lite codec packs.

11.- i then installed nokia ovi suite version:  3.3.86 , when i was installing it didnt let me install unless i downloaded the latest version, it was late so i turned off my wifi and tried again, this time ovi suite couldnt check for a newer version and so that version was installed.

just for curiosity i tried pairing it and...

voila! it works! ovi suite recognizes my nokia phone via bluetooh.

i wont install any of the other HP software, neither windows updates... cant believe that finally it works. no more connecting the dongle... :smileytongue:

i hope it works for you too.

just in case you want the 3.3.86 exe, tell me where to upload it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frakson

nokia 500

Can not download maps at all. The only possibility is throughWLAN, you is not Dada, these suites!
- Even though I have all returned to the factory default formatted soit is impossible to download a map!

I tried absolutely everything. 

Please use plain text.
ardvaark

Just wanted to note that my 6700 slide still works with Ovi suite after downloading BlueSoliel bluetooth software.  You have to get BlueSoliel up & running, then start Ovi.  You may have to reboot the first time.  I have an HP laptop, &

I still blame Motorola & their Ralink garbage.  If Nokia was the problem, I would never have got it working.  After getting rid of the Motorola trash and downloading different bluetooth software, everything works perfectly.  If my Nokia was the problem, I could never have resolved the issue.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dr_RaaJ

Instead of providing solutio, you are only mentioning compatible bluetooth company.

Nokia may have commercial  problem with Motorolla but that doesnt mean that it sholud lead to embrace motorolla bluetooth users.

If you will not learn lesson then one day will come when you will become no 1 company from the bottom side.

i hate nokia...

Please use plain text.