Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motoro...

Contributor
mohamedszaki
Accepted Solution

OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

Ovi suite can not find my bluetooth. my nokia n8 or e72 connects with my bluetooth. the problem is only with ovi suite and pc suite.

can any one help me solve this problem

thanks

Counsellor
buzz13

Re: OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

Yes indeed it is a problem. And it is with Ovi / PC-Suite.

I have this Bluetooth on my new HP Pavilion / Win7-64bit.

From the Bluetooth on the computer I have found & paired my N80, N95 & N900.

Window finds them & they can be browsed but when trying to "Add a device" under Ovi, the Bluetooth option is greyed out.  :smileysad:

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

History:2110i, 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6111, N80, N95, N900, C5-03, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, N9, Lumia 930

I guess I'll use DOS since nobody supports CP/M anymore...
Contributor
mohamedszaki

Re: OVI Suite is not compatible with Ralink Motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

Hi Buzz,

Did u find a solution to this problem?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Registered Member
mickielli15

[ Edited ]

Hallo Nokia, I have same problem with Ovi suite and Ralink Bluetooth in HP laptop.

Isn't it a little shame, that biggest mobile phone-maker Nokia does NOT communicate with bluetooth form laptop from biggest laptop manufacturer? And is even in plan to solve it? If yes, that will be gratly appreciated from lot of people. Thanks.

Counsellor
buzz13

Hi Mo...

No I haven't found a so;ution but I have found a work around.

If, from the Windows7 quicklaunch bar, I Open My Bluetooth

both phones appear & both main memories & microSD cards can be browsed with Windows explorer. (I had previously paired each phone with the computer & authorized automatic connections).

It's not ideal but it does work.

Maybe this helps you.

Cheers ! :smileyhappy:

History:2110i, 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6111, N80, N95, N900, C5-03, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, N9, Lumia 930

Contributor
mohamedszaki

Thanks buzz. I am using the USB for now until hopefully one day Nokia will be compatible with Ralink.

Take care

:smileymad:

Registered Member
NeilT1981

I have the same problem here. HP G62 + 5800XM. Quite annoying because I don't want to remember to carry the cable around with me all the time :smileysad:

Advisor
alias2

any update?  I am facing the same problem and  I am unable to connect my laptop to internet using bluetooth connection via nokia e72

Employee

Hi,

Here are Ovi Suite supported BT solutions:

• Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit editions:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 6.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver versions 5.10.12, 6.10.10, and 6.30.01
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver versions 5.0.5, 6.2.227.11, and 6.4.245.0
  • Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit editions:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 6.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.10.12
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.0.5
  • Windows XP 32-bit edition:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth (only in Service Pack 2)
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 1.4.2.18, 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver versions 4.0, 5.0, and 5.10.12
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver versions 2.x, 3.x, and 5.0.5

Registered Member
morr1s

No **bleep**? Nokia ? Instead of replying the concerned bluetooth radio dont work with your **bleep** you tell us which one to buy? get real.

Registered Member
morr1s

[ Edited ]

Oh, but your guys waste times coding for censorship on your forums ? damn.

. congrats!

Moderators notes: Finnish profanity removed.

Registered Member
pat30724

This is so stupid. Is it that hard to make it work with the Ralink bluetooth adapter? If its not fixed. Then my N97 Mini will be my last Nokia ever.

Registered Member

spent over half an hour on the phone to an agent with nokia, it would appear that this is news to them.

My request for this issue to be resolved has now been passed to "level 2 support" whatever that means.

the fact that we are not alone clearly indicates a compatability issue. i suppose we will have to wait until enough people complain that they fix this.

Registered Member
xcentris

Hmmm... I had overheard that the Nokia company was going downhill but never figured it was going there so fast. I might indeed get an iPhone next time... since we all share the same problem and I can't connect my Nokia phone to its OVI suite on my brand new HP laptop via Bluetooth (and no, I do not want to carry yet another cable around with me !)...

Registered Member
HaddadR

I have the same pb with my HP DV6 with motorola blutooth BC4 and OVI suite 3  :smileysad:

I uninstalled the native driver and intall the window's generic driver => bluetooth enabled in OVI suite, but the driver doesn't work correctly and no phone is detected (even under windows) :smileysurprised:

please help

Registered Member
kiran_bhakre

this is not right that u r giving support to only selected BT devices u have to give the proper solution as we are ur customer....

fred_sp

I am having problems with LG notebook too (A410) and the support by phone give me that answer that is not compatible with NOS. I am using the latest version 3.1.0.91, and worst, Nokia is not working to do a versino that will work with our bluetootj 3.0........ I am very sad with Nokia....... My next phone will be a Samsung Galaxi S II with Android!

My configuration:

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.0.91

PC Connectivity Solution 11.4.16.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.41.0

Software Updater do Nokia Ovi Suite 2011.7.0.61004

Maps Service API 4.0.28.3

Nokia mPlatform 2.7.66

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.4.4.51

Sistema operacional:
Microsoft Windows 7 Edição de 64 bits, Service Pack 1
Idioma: Português

Navegadores de Internet detectados:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 (Navegador padrão)

Pilhas Bluetooth detectadas:
- Microsoft (Versão: 6.1.7600, Compilação: 16385), Active

Drivers USB detectados:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385

Please Nokia, review your support to the latest upgrades to obtain the better performance.

Fred_SP

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@fred - I own a SGS, and let me tell you, while their phones are great, trying to connect it to your PC is **bleep**. Ovi Suite>>>>>Kies. Anyway. For the people having problems with bluetooth, the Nokia employee already mentioned the compatible bluetooth stacks. What you do is to install BlueSoleil bluetooth program and drivers, then Ovi should then run fine through bluetooth.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Contributor
Imtiaz484

Hey guys, i found a solution.

I'm using HP pavilion dv6 (can't remember the full specs though).

I also use Ralink_Motorola_BC4_Bluetooth_3.0HS_C1.100 but the problem is Nokia ovi suite greys out the bluetooth connect or whatever which most of you are facing.

I fixed my problem by doing the following steps:

1) Uninstall Ralink bluetooth software(And then Reboot if required)

2) Turn off all your wireless devices and then turn all your wireless devices back on. (OR just go to HP wireless assistant and click on Turn all off and then click on Turn all on).

3) By now your bluetooth driver should automatically install itself, this is not your Ralink bluetooth driver. This is just your basic bluetooth driver so that you can receive and send files.

4) Now go back to Nokia Ovi suite and do what you have to do to create a connection. There you won't see that connect with bluetooth greyed out like most see that.

This worked for me. Honestly i liked the Ralink better than some odd generic driver. If Nokia doesn't release any Ovi suite version to fix this issue, this is the only solution available(unless you want to change your bluetooth driver to another software like Toshiba bluetooth stack for non-toshiba notebooks).

I told Nokia(ask) more than 6 months ago about this issue and those liers promised me that they will release a version that will fix this issue. Till now they've released allot of ovi suite versions and non of them fixed the issue.

Let me know if it worked i'll appreciate it.

Counsellor
buzz13

Well I followed your directions & got excited when I started Ovi suite & the "Use Bluetooth instead" option was no longer greyed out.

However, that's the end of the good news because OVI still couldn't find My N95, my N900 or my wife's C5-03.

After much cursing at Nokia for this fundamental oversight, I exited Ovi & continued with normal work.

I have since discovered that it may not be Nokia but rather a Microsoft problem because now the bluetooth doesn't work at all.

I guess I'll have to re-install the Ralink software if I want to connect anything via bluetooth.

I hate Windows with a passion !