Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: OVI fails to connect to Nokia N8 on "Checking ...

Advisor
janpop

OVI fails to connect to Nokia N8 on "Checking the Bluetooth capabilities of your device."

Hi All,

I'm having problems connecting OVI to a Nokia N8-00 handset via Bluetooth.

The Add New Device wizard is able to detect the phone but when selecting it from the list and proceeding it stays on "Checking the Bluetooth capabilities of your device." for some 20 seconds after which it eventually fails with the error of "Failed to connect to your device. Problems occured while authorising the Bluetooth connection between your device and computer."

I've verified that both devices are configured as authorised by their respective counterpart.

Also tried to remove the pairing from both the laptop and phone and re-pair them again - same problem.

I am able to sync the phone with OVI via USB no problem.

I am also able to use my OVI with another Nokia phone (E72) via Bluetooth without any issues.

This points me to a possible problem with Bluetooth on the N8 phone itself but I don't have any way to prove it.

I wonder if anybody else has experienced the same issue?

OVI version 3.0.0.290

N8-00 version 013.016

Thanks, Jan

Please use plain text.
Photosky

Re: OVI fails to connect to Nokia N8 on "Checking the Bluetooth capabilities of your device.&qu

I've got the exactly same problem!

Ovi Suite Version3.1.0.86

Nokia  N8 014.002

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antoniovala

Re: OVI fails to connect to Nokia N8 on "Checking the Bluetooth capabilities of your device.&qu

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem.

Nokia N8-00
PR1.1

OVI 3.1.1.78

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Asus N53SV i7-2630QM - 2GHz
RAM: 6 GHz

Windows pairs with phone over Bluetooth, but OVI can't connect. It founds the phone, and then stays several minutes "Checking bluetooth device capabilities", and after several minutes, "Connecting with device failed"

Do you have already any solution for this?

Kind regards,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
simnix

[ Edited ]

Yes I have the same problem as well

N8 is: PR1.2 (014.002)

OVI PC Suit is: 3.1.1.78

PC OS is: Windows 7 Professional (32bit) version 6.1.7601

I can however connect and sync via data cable but, not via bluetooth. Come on Nokia pull your socks up.  :smileymad:

--------------
If you invent a better mousetrap, someone else will invent a better mouse.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Re: OVI fails to connect to Nokia N8 on "Checking the Bluetooth capabilities of your device.&am

We will ask our software engineers to look at this. One question for those experiencing this issue: could you check which Bluetooth stack your PCs and/or laptops are using, and if it is anything other than the standard Windows stack please post its name and version number here.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

Please  remove the pairing and search the device from Nokia Ovi Suite and not thru' windows,
this might solve the issue.
Sometimes Nokia Ovi Suite refuses to overwrite the drivers used by windows in case if paired already.
while pairing from Nokia Ovi Suite  it is advisable to disconnect the internet temporarily.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

Re: OVI fails to connect to Nokia N8 on "Checking the Bluetooth capabilities of your device.&am

I too have exactly same problems with my N8 and Windows 7 Home Premium on my tablet pc.

I'm able to connect over cable but not over bluetooth (neither to PC Suite nor to OVI suite).

My windows detects the phone well but not ovi/pc suite.

Kindly tell how to remove windows drivers and use Nokia's native drivers instead.

Wish#1: MP3 Tag Editor capable of editing ratings.
Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Wish#3: Without Google Maps (and products), no gadget is worth keeping.
Please use plain text.
nintendoeats

I am having this problem with my N900. I can connect the phone through windows, but I can't actually do anything with the connection (look at device information, transfer files). When I try to use Ovi it does exactly what is described here.

My Nokia 8800 on the other hand is just peachy.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

Re: Win7 OS Connects but No Nokia Suite Connects to N8 over Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

All bluetooths stack versions, OVI versions, PC Suite versions are same as those of another laptop which connects well over bluetooth.

By the way still, my Win7 Home Premium's OVI's system info tells that it is using Microsoft Bluetooth Stack Version 6.1.7600 build 16385 (Active & In Use).

PLS DO HELP. OTHERWISE I'VE NO OPTION BUT TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER SYMBIAN 3 DEVICE. I DON'T WANT TO PART WITH MY N8 OR MY ACER ICONIA TABLET.

Note: This problem seems only with N8 because I've tried other nokia models. They all connect well. But I've also tried another N8, that also DIDN'T CONNECT. What the heck problem is with N8.

Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

Pls suggest some other thing. I've already tried these suggestions.
Thank u.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GoldynChylde

It doesn't seem that Nokia wants to help us. I have no problem connecting my 5800 to my laptop. Even my wife's Samsung connects fine to my pc. This tells me that the Bluetooth on the N8 has buggy Bluetooth hardware. It looks like the BT on the N8 is good for one thing: Audio Devices Only. That sux.

Please use plain text.
djdewet

[ Edited ]

Also have the problem as described above.  My N8 was synching fine previously, but I have recently updated both Ovi Suite and the phone (Anna update) and now it does not work.  Also tried my wifes N8 without any success.  The USB connection works fine.  I have removed all Nokia software and re-installed the latest Ovi Suite, still no joy.  I have pasted my system info below:

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1.90

PC Connectivity Solution 11.4.21.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.45.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2011.7.0.61004

Maps Service API 4.0.28.3

Nokia mPlatform 2.7.72

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.4.4.57

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Edition, Service Pack 1
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 (Default browser)

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385), Active, In use

Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385
- USB Modem Driver 6.1.7601.17514
- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 6.1.7601.17586

Please use plain text.
jvanpraet

Same issue here. Everything worked fine before Anna with Ovi 3.1.1.90.
Now the USB connection works, but no bluetooth. When searching for the N8 with "add new device" it says "already connected" and when clicking "next" it fails after a time-out during "checking bluetooth capabilities of your device".

I have the same system info as djdewet above:

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1.90

PC Connectivity Solution 11.4.21.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.45.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2011.7.0.61004

Maps Service API 4.0.28.3

Nokia mPlatform 2.7.72

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.4.4.57

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Edition, Service Pack 1
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385), Active, In use

Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385
- USB Modem Driver 6.1.7601.17514
Please use plain text.
kompa3

I am having exactly the same problem.

I have a brand new HP EliteBook 8540p laptop including

- Ovi Suite (3.1.1.90)

- Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601) 64-bit edition, language English

- x64 processor

- HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Technology, Driver version 6.3.5.430

- Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator (6.1.7601.17607) on HP integrated module with Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Technology,

In Event Viewer, I found out the following event log after trying to connect to my Nokia N8 phone:

18/10/2011 08:33:09 (OviSuite) - INFO    - DAL_Plugin_PCCS    Thread  6024,    Line 93,    .\Application\AOBluetooth.cpp,    CAOBlueToothPairAndTrust::run():    DAL failure detected: (214) converted from PCCS error [0x80100020: Operation cancelled by ConnectivityAPI-User] / CONAChangeDeviceTrustedState2

Attached you will find the event saved from the event viewer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brainlord

Greetings all,

I've exactly the same issue,  I was using nokia suite via bluetooth and synchronizing without issues. One day, the device was not recognized anymore. I've other 3 phones, and they are all discovered properly.

- I've first tried to delete the phone from the nokia suite (tools, options, my devices, remove this device). Didn't solve the issue.
- tried to delete the pair from the windows and the phone, and try to add the device again. (no luck)
- tried also to change the phone name, no luck.

It always get "stuck" in the add devices screen saying "checking bluetooth capabilities of your device"

The phone is not locked, bluetooth is enable and is visible to other devices. Also, I was able to pair using microsoft windows 7 wizard (add devices). Look like Nokia Suite is the only app. having issues to recognize the phone.

Why???????????????????????????

Another thing I tried is the option to repair the Nokia Suite... 

Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

I've found that this happens only with the phones having Symbian 3 os (i..e all new nokia phones have this problem with connecting to OVI over bluetooth).

This happens particularly when we try to connect these phones with any windows 7 version other than Ultimate (particularly Home Premium).

Please use plain text.
ShrikeBG

Has anyone found a solutions yet? Obviously this issue hasn't been resolved yet. Nearly half a year later I'm having exactly the same problem - using Windows 7, Nokia N8 with Symbian Belle. I tried to connect using a separate bluetooth unit and it did not work out. Tried connecting it to the onboard bluetooth device (using MB ASUS P8Z68-V) and again without success. I'm having an old Nokia N73, will try how it connects later tonight.

But still ... any news on that?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ukstudent

I also have this problem on my nokia N8, any solution?

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi Ukstudent,

If problem still exists could you try install the BETA Nokia suite version?

Check if you have disconnected device during installation.

- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click UnInstall

UnInstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver

- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest beta version of  Nokia Suite version (v 3.4.21) from here ... To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
mohamadrafeekh

i have a solution for this

un install all bluetooth and devices drivers from device manager

then install the bluetooth stack driver(link is given below)

start ovi

in tools add new phone

and select bluetooth

click the phone that is find by the computer

wait for connection

everything is k for me

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/install-bluetooth-driver-in-windows-7/

Please use plain text.