I have an E72 and a PC running windows 7 professional.
I am completely unable to install OVI suite. The installation hangs every time. I have tried several times. Firstly from the installer that shipped with the phone (this just hung - no message), then from the most up to date version downloaded from the website. With this latter I get a message saying "an error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.MC,processorArchitecture="x86",pub
I have seen similar posts to this on the forum - most of which suggested uninstalling PC suite and then trying the install again. However, I have never had PC suite on this machine.
Any help gratefully received!
Solved! Go to Solution.
27-07-2010 8:06 - edited 27-07-2010 8:07
Have u chcked if ur system has got Microsoft Visaul C++ 2008 Redistributable instlld on ur pc? Do googling u wll get
If its not installed, do read some forum before installing this on ur pc doesnt harm ur pc ....
Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I tried installing C++ 2008 - but still no joy. Attached screen shots show where the process is hanging and the message I'm getting - eventually. I have to say this is very frustrating - and clearly is not that uncommon a problem from the number of posts I've seen on it. Few of which seem to have been clearly solved.
I am not sure whether this will solve your problem but you can try it .
1. Uninstall Ovi Suite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity cable drivers from Add/remove program if anything is there.
2. Delete the files from hereIf anything is there)
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Nokia\Ovi Suite
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OviInstallerCache
3. Please download MSI clean up utility from the below link
Once installed please remove the programs related to Nokia.
Then download and install Windows Installer, so that the installer is upto date.
4. Restart the PC
5. Download and Install latest OviSuite http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/
soSatari, Thanks for the suggestions. Though actually the file system on Windows 7 is a bit different to previous versions so the locations have changed - and Windows have recently pulled the installer software you suggest using.
In fact the problem seems to be a windows 7 registry problem. In the end I found the solution here (on a post related to itunes - but if anyone interested follows the thread they'll see that moving to the latest version of itunes presents exactly the same hang as trying to intall OVI - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w
If you can't be bothered to follow the link/read the entire post - what you have to do is:
1) Open regedit and replace the following value:
Value: 0xFFFFFFFF (4294967295)
This solved the problem for me for both ovi and itunes
I have win7 home premium 64bit, and I got the same problem with ovi suite.
I try to do the following procedures:
Value: 0xFFFFFFFF (4294967295)
But I don't have that registry so I've created it ( see attachment )
2. I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from this link : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?f
But ovi still doesn't work, and give the same error!
Please give me some help!
Thanks for the clear instructions! I'd been tearing my hair out for the last four days, thinking I did something wrong to my Win7 machine when, in a sense, it was my Win7 machine that wronged me. Everything's working fine now. A million kow-tows to you!
Hmm. Could only be the start of your problems. Ovi works fine on my win 7 pc but won't install on my phone. Locked out of Nokia apps for only £20 a month. Ovi is the most miserable piece of software I've ever seen, and the postings on the forums would suggest I'm not alone. Pish.
So I had the same problem with the Swedish version, and I managed to solve it.
I uninstalled everything Nokia on my Win 7 32bit PC using CCleaner and then went into everything single Nokia folder I could find in the file manager, for example C: Program files/Ovi and Nokia etc and also went into the "Documents and settings folder in my user folder several Nokia folders were found and deleted. Then the Ovi Suite installed nicely. Really strange why Nokia could have solved this before releasing it...
But then I got this amazing new problem when trying to connect my E52:
Nokia seems to have serious problem in their windows installer department. By the way, Nokia where are you? Aren't you supposed to help or at least inform on the status of this problem? I was updating from an earlier version of Ovi Suite where my phone connected nicely, but now nothing works, but at least I get as far as trying to connect my phone......
I have a N8-00 and a laptop with Windows Vista Business SP2. The problem came with the last OVI update .90. During the process my display driver acted up and the machine crashed. After sorting the problem out I started all over with the OVI installation. Now the installation asks for some files called OVIMPlatform and cannot find them and does not complete the installation. I have removed everything of OVI and started all over again, but always end up in the same situation as described above. The PC recognises the N8-00 OK. Any ideas?
Could you try reinstall Nokia suite?
- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution
Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite 3.3.86 version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite
- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue
I hope this helps.
The problem can be because WMDRMSDK.DLL has been missing.
There are two ways to rid of installation problem:
1. Download/update the Windows Media Player 11
2. Download Update for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?
If it doesn't help could you check your Intermediate CA certificates the following:
1) Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermedi
2) You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary.
3) Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension.
4) Then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu.
I hope it helps!
Could you please reply the result?
Thank you in advance,
Nokia Suite team