Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi 2.2.1.23 doesn't sync

Registered Member
ttimmy

Ovi 2.2.1.23 doesn't sync

Hi,

Using Ovi 2.2.1.23 on Windows 7 64-bit with Nokia 2630 via bluetooth.

On the bottom of the main Ovi screen, I see my phone connected with the little bluetooth icon, and I can right-click it and check its properties - which means it's connected.

I click on "Sync All" - and literally nothing happens. No error message, no indication that anything goes on. All of the timestamps under Contacts and Messages indicate that the last sync was made yesterday. Clicking on the individual Sync buttons has the exact same result.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ttimmy

I went back to PC Suite until it's fixed. If someone has suggestions it will be much appreciated.

THanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

Have you tried to sync one by one (only contacts, only photos......)?

Could you please provide your phone firmware details (You can get it by typinf *#0000# on your phone)

BT stack details

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.

Re: Vi 2.2.1.23 doesn't sync

I'm getting the same sync problem - But on checking the Nokia Compatibility list I find my phone is not listed!  (Nokia E51, purchased March 2008).  But I have used it with OVI before.  I used PC Suite previously, but switched to Ovi after Nokia told me that the back up utility was stopping.  All work fine for a few months, Backups, Sync, even downloads of Ovi Maps.  But my laptop suffered a system failure and had to have Windows Vista reinstalled, so downloaded a new copy of Ovi 2.2.1.23 and although it seems to recognize my E51, nothing happens when Sync is selected.  Also no option to backup.  Aware that there is a new software update available for my E51, but cannot install it as I cannot back it up!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hexstatic

Re: Vi 2.2.1.23 doesn't sync

I have exactly the same problem as well.

I am on windows vista full updated with ovi suite 2.2.1.23 and a nokia N82

Both device and suite are on latest updated software.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jpenedo

I have also the same problem.

I'm using Windows 7 HP (64 bits) with Office 2010 and my Nokia is a E72.

Please use plain text.

Same issue for me, on win 7 64-bit and E71......

Seems OVI does not work well with 7 64-bit... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Talleyrand

Well, it seems it's a worldwide problem - I am experiencing the same problem with the N8 I just got a week ago from Nokia Brazil. I tried Ovi 2.2.1.123 with Win 7 Starter (32 Bits) on a Vaio, Win XP Professional SP3 on a Toshiba Tecra, and Win Vista on an ASUS desktop - no sync at all!

First, I haven't been able to connect through USB on any of those machines - I've connected the N8 data cable to every USB port available in every machine with no results at all, nothing - no connection message/signal neither from the PCs nor form the N8 - it looks like the phone, or the cable, or both decided to ignore the existence of USB as a connectivity option. Looks like USB does not exist for the N8. It's worth to emphasize that in all occasions the USB connectivity option on the N8 was set to Ovi Suite as a standard. Yes, I've also tried the old indian trick of repairing the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver to no avail.

Then, after a dozen cups of strong Brazilian coffee, I managed to have the N8 recognized by the Ovi Suite through Bluetooth on the Toshiba with XP Professional SP3 and Outlook Express (the same deed wasn't possible to achieve on the Vista and Win 7 machines due to lack of appropriate drivers for my Bluetooth adapter). I thought the problem was finally solved, but then I choose as sync option on the Ovi Suite to synchronize contacts and bookmarks, and to sync my contacts with the Outlook Express Address Book. All set, I happily commanded the sync all, thinking that Ovi Suite would import my PC contacts and bookmarks to the N8 and ... nothing happened! Tried to sync separately several times and nothing happened again! Having battled with Ovi Suite for the last 2 days with no success, I decided to drop it and switch to the latest version of PC Suite (7.1.something) just to discover that it does not support the N8 - what a blissful moment!!! I'm stuck, as far as import my contacts is concerned.

So, frustration and anger apart, does anyone know if there is a PC Suite version that supports the N8, and if there is one indeed, how can I get hold of a copy of it.

TIA!

Please use plain text.
MartinBarrell

OK I too have this problem using 5230 and Vista 64

There is a very cumbersome workaround which works every time for me

1) Turn off bluetooth to stop OVI Suite connecting via Bluetooth 

2) Reboot

3) Windows Contol Panel/Programs and Features/Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver/Change/Repair

4) Windows Contol Panel/Programs and Features/PC Connectivity Solution/Change/Repair

5) Connect via USB and then Sync works

What would be nice would be if Nokia fixed this problem which they are aware of

Please use plain text.
PDFN8

Hi,

I also have a Nokia N8 which I was disappointed to find will not work with PC Suite. Why! PC Suite was a great bit of software. Now I am forced to use OVI which doesn't work at all. Its a big set back not being able to sync information. Come on Nokia sort this out please.

Please use plain text.
Employee
atammin

Hey, 

Here is something worth checking

1) make sure you EXCLUDE Contacts from Auto Sync (options > my devices > contacts > auto sync)

2) once it has be un-checked in options you click OK in Options and Exit OVi Suite from Menu (File > Exit) 

3) Start Ovi Suite again and see if there is any change in Sync behavior. 

We have found certain scenarios (involving Autosync of Contacts) where the sync behaves as some of you guys have explained in this thread. The only workaround (until next release) we've identified is what I've written above. Also other sync may not work properly if Contacts is included in Autosync.

I hope that helps, 

Aki

Please use plain text.

Seems to work. Al teast for me. N8 and XP.
Please use plain text.
WINNIL

Same problem for me too.

Doesnt sync.

Win7, Outlook2009, 32bit. with N(.

NOKIA must do something now.

Please use plain text.
mrfabulous

Sam problem for me Vista on PC and Nokia E72. Removing contacts and restarting Ovi got it to work, but then how do I sync my contacts?

I think its time to contact consumer affairs. Anyone interested in a class action against Nokia?

Please use plain text.
mrfabulous

another weird thing... it actually synced my contacts even though it is turned off in the sync options.

Quality software!

Please use plain text.
Employee
atammin

[ Edited ]

@mrfabulous Great to hear you got it working. 

Disabling contacts from Options > Device Sync affects how the "sync all" button works. 

=> so removing Contacts from these selections will exclude Contacts from being synced when you click "Sync All". 

You can still sync contacts from the Menu or within the Contacts suite. 

Thanks

Aki

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hexstatic

ΟΚ did it and it works now :smileyhappy:

Thnx for the support.

But have to say that it took you very long to answer.

Next time I ll have to buy a phone I will think again if I should go for nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GadgetFreak

Hey Ttimmy,

please read my post in the following link

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/OVI-automatic-sync-not-working-E72/m-p/801367#M6948

Hope this should help u....

Regards

Regards

Like my post? Give me a Kudos...... Ur problem solved? Accept my Solution :-)
Please use plain text.
PDFN8

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I managed to get my N8 to sync by killing all the Nokia process from windows task manager, restarting OVI and then clicking on sync contacts. After doing this I can click the sync all button which then syncs my calendar entries. I forgot to mention I have windows xp with Office 2003.

thanks

Paul F.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ramalu

It seems to work now (EXCLUDING Contacts from Auto Sync ),

Windows Vista  -   2.2.1.23   -   Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Just in time; I had decided to go back to PC suite...

When updated Ovi Suite version?

Ramalú.

Please use plain text.