Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite 2: how to export contacts in .cvs format

ghepardo1982

Ovi Suite 2: how to export contacts in .cvs format

Hi,

what I liked most of Nokia PC suite was the possibility to export contacts in a .csv file.

This was usefull to transfer contacts from a Nokia phone to another Nokia phone.

For example I copied my N82 contact list to my Nokia5000 easily using a .csv export.

How can I export my contact list in a .csv file using the new Nokia Ovi Suite !? (I've installed the lastest version).

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Re: Ovi Suite 2: how to export contacts in .cvs format

Hey,

As far as i knw, this feature is currently not available in NOS 2.1.1.1 ;O

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
al_lea

A workaround: backup to a .nbu then convert contacts to an Outlook or Thunderbird .csv.

What's the law of the jungle?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fabioborghesi

I have just extract the datas fromthe .nbu backup file using this OPEN SOURCE software:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbuexplorer/

nbuexplorer is gratis.

The suggestion given before directs you to a software called NOKI which is a very good one but costs 50 dollars.

On the ovi appstore you wil also find this one at the price of 5 euros:

http://store.ovi.com/content/15392/reviews

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fabioborghesi

nbuexplorer extracts your contacts in .vcf files.

Now if the case is (like me) that you want to export your contacts to your iphone do like these:

1.import your .vcf contacts to windows mail (preinstalled in all windows. On windows 7 you will have to have a fresh download of windows live and choose to install only windows mail)
2. tell Itunes to sync using windows contacts.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fabioborghesi

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
funkygaddafi

Nokias way of locking it´s users into it´s own subculture of applications and tools is just not acceptable. On the long run this manner of closing all others (open formats, open protocols, goolge) out will end in desaster. I´m really disappointed and sorry about that stupid and short sigthed strategy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jitterbug

Open the OVI contacts page.

Save page as a webpage to your desk top.

Open the page file using notepad.

Select all the text.

Paste into Excel

Tidy up.

Save as CSV

Import into the program of your choice.

Repeat for any further pages of 100 contacts in OVI

Vow to never get caught in the proprietry trap again :-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

[ Edited ]

For me Mail for Exchange is a mess, best manual way is to sync your phone with Windows Contacts using Nokia Ovi Suite +2.x (I used 3.1.0.84) and then go to WC folder where is an option to export in CSV and vCards (I have only tried the CSV option), select what you want to export and import that file in Gmail.

Gmail is gonna automerge most of the contacts with your previous ones and is great the result. 0.1% error against tons of duplicates using MfE!

Current: Nokia Lumia 1020 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8] & Mango Natural STAR I9220 (N9770) [Android 4.1.1] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 925, 720, 820, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | ElGourmetUrbano.net, NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer
Please use plain text.
zodus_tk

well we wrote one!

you can get it for free:

http://www.zodus.tk

if you like program you can donate (not obligatory)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

Very nice my friend! Downloading to test it!
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8] & Mango Natural STAR I9220 (N9770) [Android 4.1.1] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 925, 720, 820, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | ElGourmetUrbano.net, NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer
Please use plain text.
bingoe71

[ Edited ]

It is easier if you use nokia pc suite. U can download all the contacts with one move. save in csv. import in gmail agenda, it mach all the colums so you do not need to clean up anything. God luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PatrickUitB

Tip: Install Nokia PC Suite (7) and start 'CommunicationCentre.exe'. Here can you probably select your GSM type and export your contacts.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anaskod

The Easiest way is Just copy to contacts folder in Memory crd or massmemory and from contacts copy business card from other memory

ghepardo1982 wrote:

Hi,

what I liked most of Nokia PC suite was the possibility to export contacts in a .csv file.

This was usefull to transfer contacts from a Nokia phone to another Nokia phone.

For example I copied my N82 contact list to my Nokia5000 easily using a .csv export.

How can I export my contact list in a .csv file using the new Nokia Ovi Suite !? (I've installed the lastest version).

Thanks

Please use plain text.
singapore

Hello,

Hope someone can help me on this.  When I export my contacts file to .csv, I lose the + sign in front of phone numbers.  This makes it a pain as I would then have to go in and type the + sign all over again.  Am importing to Google contacts.

Has anyone been able to keep the +sign?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

keep the format as 'text' in microsoft office..

Please use plain text.
greipurs

[ Edited ]

I used the following procedure:

1. Create a backup file for contacts from OVI

2. Open the backup file in nbuexplorer

3. Export the contacts to a local folder.

4. run the shell command (windows) c:smileyembarrassed:copy *.vcf import.vcf to the folder where contacts exported to.

5. import the import.vcf file to a program (Google sync) to a mobile.

cheers.

Please use plain text.
Orly83

All my contacts are on my OVI software on my laptop but now OVI does not detect my mobile E5 mobile at all.. How do i import the contacts to another computer ????????????????????????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaisonv

GOT SOLUTION:
Even when you have Ovi. You can still open Nokia communication Center. and from there, export it to .csv format. Did it!!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krypton

Hi friends no confusion!!!!!!! Very easy please follow the steps.....

1. Select all or mark all

2. Copy business card to other memory

3. Select destination "press" OK

Thats all!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Please use plain text.