Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite 2: how to export contacts in .cvs format

Registered Member
libovh

Re: Ovi Suite 2: how to export contacts in .cvs format

[ Edited ]

your instructions to export as a .csv seem very helpful... however, in my ovi suite, the 'save as' function is grayed out... in what view can you save as a webpage and start the process you review.

thanks

Moderators note: email address has been removed. Please do not share personal data on the boards as it could potentially put your personal safety in danger. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

HI,

Why dont you guys use Nokia PC Suite to export all the contacts to .csv file?... If you want all VCF files then use Nokia OVI Suite. (Select all and drag to any folder) everything so easy.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
spsji

Please point out the methods which will work today.
What are the options to save contacts as .csv file.

I want to save my more than 4000 contacts in a safe place with syncronising option. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
benfortytwo

Hi jitterbug

you say

Open the OVI contacts page.

Save page as a webpage to your desk top.

but in my version of OVI there is no option to save the page.  And I can't figure out how to transfer it into a web page.  I can do a screen dump, but you cant select data from that.

further advice welcome...

cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ benfortytwo - Refer Message 2 in THIS thread ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
benfortytwo

seems the best answer is to download the more flexible nokia PC suite.  This can be downloaded off the web.

The Ovi suite seems to be the sort of lock-you-in software that looks glossy but does very little.

cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The ONLY problem with Nokia PC Suite is it is NOT compatible with most of the newer devices ...

Please use plain text.