Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Suite 3 - Music library refresh problem

Registered Member
An2quamaraN

Ovi Suite 3 - Music library refresh problem

Hi, i am using Windows 7 x64 and newest Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284.

I've been searching to find a thread with a similar problem and find none. So the problem is that i can't refresh my music library in Ovi Suite. There is just no such option. I am not gonna complain about his program showing pieces of music that i have deleted months ago, because that is something i can live with. This is just ridicolous.

I have an album that i have moved from a disk to disk and i can't copy it to a device because there is a yellow triangle with a (!) near songs and ovi claiming those files dont exist. They exist but this program just cannot update the directiories. How of an advanced option is that? Who are the people this program is designed for? This software is a joke. How can i refresh the library without changing my system files, formating the discs, buying a new phone and a new PC?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xerius65

I have the same problem. ovi suite freezes & crashes when trying to play any song and the librariy cannot be refreshed.

needless to say that transferring stuff to the n97 mini does not work either.

worthless software

Please use plain text.
KeNgoaiDao

Same, totaly agree. But we have no choice! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Ovi Suite is really an horrible software. I was unable to exclude files from the music library, and they was already deleted from the file system. I kept trying to delete but nothing happened!!!

I found where the Ovi Suite keeps the its music library database...

With the Ovi Suite closed, go to the folder (in Windows 7):

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase

And rename the file MDataStore.db3 to MDataStore.old.

Open the Ovi Suite and now just adds yor music to the library. It will take some time but will be an updated library. (if you have any music you don't wanna in the library, move it to another folder before this procedure).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kyugi

Sweet This worked like a charm!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ranoman

Thanks mate, changed the extension of the .db3 file and problem sorted. Nokia suite is now building a whole new library. Great.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jim_Vazquez

So cool ..

It works perfectly but, does anyone know which is the real problem?

thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.