Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Suite Error code 12052

Professor
malange007

No your not getting me. Is the windows thats installed onto your computer. Is that original???
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Apodida

Oh, the Windows XP SP3 is valid, beyond doubt. I work for a very large IT Corporation (not MS) and we probably have in excess of 500,000 systems installed. Microdoft would  probably notice if we'd filched them. :-)

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

[ Edited ]

well i wont speculate but there can be an issue on work computers as they have a certain level of encryption done on them to prevent un authorized access like antiviruses which hinder certain file downloads.
Two solutions either you can try it on some other computer , if that doesnt work you can always goto guys at NCC they will take care of it .

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
bimaldevm

At last I installed belle on my c7

In the Installation phase I interrupted the phone by calling on to it.Then OVI suite shows an error and reconnected the cable then ovi shows phone restarting message. But it doesn't happen then I manually restarted the phone without disconnecting cable and continued installation and ignored all windows notification.

I wasted my two days for this and atlast I installed. Friends follow this technique .And sorry for bad english

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nickshor

yes,it works ,thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jinu_13

Still it does't work.

I tried the same technique but still it is not upgrading the software.

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi jinu_13,

Have you tried thos steps? It should helps.

If you lose connection during the backup, installation or restore phase, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone

2. Press your phone’s power button for about 10 seconds

3. Reconnect the USB cable

4. Wait for the installation to continue

Note: If this doesn’t solve your issues, try to connect your phone to another USB port on your laptop or to a USB port on the backside of your desktop PC. In some cases rebooting the computer also helps or using another PC to do the update.

Please reply the result!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
madmax22

I have the same issue with the same error, but unfortunately my nokia 500 it's dead. What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi madmax22,

If you can't start your device then you need to visit a Nokia care point.

You can check your local care point on the following link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
maridgo

Dear all, I deactivated my Windows Firewall, I just closed Nokia Suite and executed it as User, but without checking "Protect my equipment and data against...". Then I updated my N8 software without problem! Hope it help you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Radovu

Attempting to upgrade Nokia C1-01 software by means of Ovi Suite, I tried all recommendations under this thread, endlessly getting the same error code on and on.

I subsequently assumed that the root cause may actually reside in Ovi Suite itself and resorted to Nokia Software Updater instead.

It worked like a charm and it should be advertised as primary tool for the main purpose of firmware updates.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vps_vps

Hi,

while upgrading the phone software i received the error 12052, i tried resetaring the cell and computer but nothing helped me.

suggets me

regards,

vps

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kolembo

Having the same problems...trying all the tips and getting nothing.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

What to do now ?

Tried all the mentioned Solutions for my C202..

NOTHING HAPPENED !

Please solve this Problem ASAP !

Please use plain text.
mickywrx

I got this error code trying to re-install the software on my 5230 that was acting up.

Tried the below; as posted above

If you lose connection during the backup, installation or restore phase, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone

2. Press your phone’s power button for about 10 seconds

3. Reconnect the USB cable

4. Wait for the installation to continue

Note: If this doesn’t solve your issues, try to connect your phone to another USB port on your laptop or to a USB port on the backside of your desktop PC. In some cases rebooting the computer also helps or using another PC to do the update.

No joy.

I now have a brick, instead of a phone. :smileysad:

For the 1st time ever, I don't think I'll be buying another Nokia - had Nokia's for circa 12/13 years now. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MegaZonTR

i was have same problem;

i have changed the usb port and problem has fixed...

if you have a pc please use the onboard usb ports at the mainboard directly...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DjLeoRodriguez

[ Edited ]

HEY GUYS! finally i solved the problem!

Greetings From Colombia :smileyhappy: See you!

Moderator's note: Non-English link removed. Nokia Support Discussions is a mulitnational forum accessible from every Nokia website around the world. In order to make operations simpler, we use English as a common language for all forum activities.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Depiko

hi all, i also having this problem on my nokia asha 200,

let's see how i solve the problem

1. no problem until steps
  2. phone restarst and here comes the prob
  3. go to connectivity and change you usb cable connection *on the connectivity* to nokia suite, 
  4. everytime restart, evertime you'll need to do it :smileyhappy: 

hope you all succeed!

Please use plain text.
kayfadz

I'm updating myE71 thru Nokia Suite,initially everythig goes fine.Suddenly error 12052 pop out and my phone goes blank.What should I do...someone please help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

kayfadz wrote:

I'm updating myE71 thru Nokia Suite,initially everythig goes fine.Suddenly error 12052 pop out and my phone goes blank.What should I do...someone please help me

Try the NSU instead and see if you get the same problem ..

Please use plain text.